Skye Winter.....part 2

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
No
AdrianTrendall-3.jpg

Sunrise behind the Inaccessible Pinnacle which can be seen top right. Lots of effort getting this shot since meant a 2 hour walk up about 1000m of ascent in the dark to be ready at dawn.

AdrianTrendall-2.jpg

An easy shot by comparison to the others. Taken road side from the car park at Fairy Pools where I'd spent the night.

AdrianTrendall.jpg

Classic view of the Cuillin Ridge from Sgurr na Stri. This was taken at dawn but with no sign of a sunrise but at least the ridge was free of cloud.

More at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/165143940728168/

Thanks, Marcel. I'm committed, some say I should be committed but I just love being out in the hills so enjoy it even if the light isn't great.

Thank you, Steve. The last one was a lot of fun getting. Stayed in the bothy at Camasunary for several days and crossed the river and up Sgurr na Stri in the dark so as to be on top fro dawn. Think I did it 3 days running then back to the bothy to sleep.

Thanks, Marcel. I'm committed, some say I should be committed but I just love being out in the hills so enjoy it even if the light isn't great.

Thank you, Steve. The last one was a lot of fun getting. Stayed in the bothy at Camasunary for several days and crossed the river and up Sgurr na Stri in the dark so as to be on top fro dawn. Think I did it 3 days running then back to the bothy to sleep.

That's dedication - I am not much of a hiker - don't mind walking as long as it's relatively level but not steep stuff :(

3 is awesome. Great result for the effort.

3 is awesome, and a place right at the top of my bucket list to visit.

I really like 2 as well though...

I know it's a popular place but I think Sgurr na Stri almost certainly has the best view of the Cuillin Ridge and I never tire of going there. With more snow forecast, I may go soon for sunrise. If you are interested there is the wreck of a USAF F111 which crashed into the seaward face in the 1980s. Lots of wreckage left and pretty interesting.

I know it's a popular place but I think Sgurr na Stri almost certainly has the best view of the Cuillin Ridge and I never tire of going there. With more snow forecast, I may go soon for sunrise. If you are interested there is the wreck of a USAF F111 which crashed into the seaward face in the 1980s. Lots of wreckage left and pretty interesting.

It's good if you can climb. I admit I am not much good on the hills otherwise I'd aim for pictures like yours as well as my refections. I might try the Cansumary walk next year as am concious my fitness isn't good and I need to get in shape. Debating Elgol this Monday/Tuesday for sunrise, depends on the snow level but it lights up really well this time of year in the morning

An effort beyond the call of duty. Made me feel tired reading it.lol.

Wonderful photos,it's like another world, I'm pushed to choose a favoutite but I'm drawn to the second one for the stunning colours.

Thanks, John. The Cuillin's definitely another world but the second shot was pretty much roadside.
Steve thewalk to Camasunary is great; not too far if you go in from Kildare but a lot of ascent especially on the way back. Much longer walk from Sligachan but pretty level. Have you thought about getting the boat in from Elgol to Loch Coruisk then it's only a fairly short walk up Sgurr na Stri (but unless you are going to sleep out you'll miss sunrise/set due to boat times).

Back