Scotland SKYE

Tokavaig and Tarskavaig on the Sleat peninsula are good locations for sunsets and the interior has a lot of scope too. Sligachan bridge, if you can get it without tourists! If you’ve done Elgol, you’ll have passed Cil Chroisd church which has possibilities as does the loch.

Hi Graham,
I live at Sconser 3 miles from the Sligachan and know Skye fairly well. Feel free to drop in for coffee and a chat when you're up here and I can give you pointers to some out of the way places. If you're on Facebook, check out a group I have set up called All Things Cuillin which has lots of photos and info etc. Hope this helps. Cheers. Adrian

https://www.facebook.com/groups/165143940728168/

Hi Adrian @cuillinade,

I am planning a photographic trip (wildlife) with a 4x4 to Western Scotland in early April 2018 and wondered if you could give me some information about wildlife on Skye at that time of year please.

I didn't find anything on your Cuillin Facebook page regarding wildlife.

Thanks,
Robin

Hi Robin,
sorry but we seem to lack any wildlife experts in the group. There is one member, Harry Price, who knows a lot but has only ever posted landscapes etc. Might be worth contacting him direct through Facebook or check out his website at

www.harrymartinphotography.co.uk

We live in Sconser and you're welcome to drop in for a chat and coffee and cake if you're passing. We see a profusion of sea birds and otters and seals from our windows and fairly recently photographed a sea eagle landing a huge fish.
Sorry not to be able to help more.

We live in Sconser and you're welcome to drop in for a chat and coffee and cake if you're passing. We see a profusion of sea birds and otters and seals from our windows and fairly recently photographed a sea eagle landing a huge fish.

....Cake? Did someone mention cake? When is the next flight to Glasgow? :LOL:

Adrian, that's really kind of you and just having a chat and picking up local knowledge is a big help. So we (3 of us, all photographers) would definitely love to drop by for a chat and cuppa (and cake!!). Obviously I'll stay in touch with you as our timing and plans become clear so that we visit you at your convenience.

@cuillinade

Hi Adrian, I have sent Harry Martin an email and am awaiting a reply. There will now just be 2 of us dropping by for a chat and during the first week of April. We can exchange phone numbers later and then be able to check what is convenient for you after we are in Scotland and then we'll also know when we'll be arriving on Skye.

I'm sending you a PM with a couple more questions I have at this stage.

Back