Slains Sunset

I rather like that. The coastline around Stonehaven is very interesting indeed and the highland fault line creates a great landscape as the rock types change

Thanks Steve
I need to visit the coastline around Stonehaven sometime soon as I haven't been there for a few months now.
The coastline north of Aberdeen, where this shot was taken, is equally as stunning.
Well worth a visit ;)

Thanks Steve
I need to visit the coastline around Stonehaven sometime soon as I haven't been there for a few months now.
The coastline north of Aberdeen, where this shot was taken, is equally as stunning.
Well worth a visit ;)

I always thought Slains was south of Aberdeen - but that's Dunnottar. Wrong castle. You must think me a numpty for that post.

My to go spot N of Aberdeen is Rattray Head although this looks really great so next time I am up I will check this spot out.

I always thought Slains was south of Aberdeen - but that's Dunnottar. Wrong castle. You must think me a numpty for that post.

My to go spot N of Aberdeen is Rattray Head although this looks really great so next time I am up I will check this spot out.

I did wonder :D
The Bullers of Buchan near Peterhead is another spectacular bit of coastline.
Buchan Ness lighthouse at Boddam, again near Peterhead, is worth a visit as well if you are up this way

"Excellent" shot, nothing more to be said.

George.

Back