Small Copper 2017

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Now the weather has turned warmer the number of Butterflies has increased 10 fold and I`m happy to see so many about, in the 2 days (Yesterday and Today) I have seen 9 different species.
Here was today`s best prize, a Small Copper, it was very happy for me to move about and take lots of shots, This is the best of the bunch I think.

Small Copper (1 of 1) by Graham, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, this and other photos can been seen on my flickr

Lovely, and very early for this species . I seem to remember you living in France ?
Correct Andy and lovin it large :D in the South of France.
I was in fact chasing a Clouded yellow when I spotted this little chap/ess so I decided to get a shot or 20 of this one.

Lucky you and i'm so jealous. We went to the Camargue for 10 days last year on a bird and dragonfly trip. Hope to go back again sometime..

Nice work Graham

Nice one Graham. Butterflies already! Cold, wind and rain here again today. :(
LOL yes Nick, been a few weeks now they have been out, about 13 different species I have seen/counted but not all photographed :(
It dont take long for the warmer weather to arrive here.
Well you are in good old Blighty :D Actually there are a fair few butterflies emerging now in the UK

Very nice! I bloody love it when they don't instantly fly away..
Ha well it took several goes to get close to it, end of lens maybe 8 inches closest to the Copper.
And thanks :)

Back