Small DAB Radio

Name
Kev
Edit My Images
Yes
Morning,

Looking for a small DAB radio for my mum to use in the kitchen, any suggestions please?

Thank you

Kev

I have a Pure Sport DAB radio which I keep in my fishing bag for when i'm out on the bank Had it for 10 years or so and although it sits in the shed in all weathers, sits on my tackle box where it's been wet on a few occasions, it's never missed a beat.

Pure do a very nice range of radios so worth a look

Have a look on eBay for a refurbished Revo Connect (Revo has an outlet store), they often have them for £99 which may seem a bit steep but the sound quality is excellent and well beyond anything I’ve heard from Pure. Nicely built and look good too.

I use a Roberts classiclite in the kitchen.has good sound quality like all their radios.
I notice that it has recently been discontinued, but can still be found online.

Last edited:
Wow, thank all for the suggestion. Will investigate and see what may be suitable.

The major supermarkets usually have small ones, in their larger stores, pretty reasonably priced. I'd double check the recepetion in her area though as it can be a bit hit and miss in places ;)

We use a Sony XDR-S40DBP in our kitchen. No problem with signal despite being in the corner and next to the microwave etc and aerial only half way up and the big round volume dial is easy to use with wet/messy hands. Throw in some batteries and you can carry it outside into the garden.

I would want to hear one before buying a £ 29 radio
As that is a bedroom clock alarm radio i doubt it can be that good at normal volumes.

I would want to hear one before buying a £ 29 radio
As that is a bedroom clock alarm radio i doubt it can be that good at normal volumes.

I had to order a few bits from Amazon so have ordered it, if it is not good I will have to send it back.

Thank you

This may sound strange but I actually prefer the lighter (smaller/tinny?) sound you get from the little radios when it comes to the kitchen. Could be nostalgia.

We have a Pure one and it's been fantastic and great sound quality for such a small unit :)

Ive yet to comprehend why DAB radios have to be upwards of £30. They're electronic, they receive a signal over the airwaves. i.e just like what the analogue (FM/AM) radios did/do and they're also electronic and cost much less. Thats' Marketing for you I guess.

Ive yet to comprehend why DAB radios have to be upwards of £30. They're electronic, they receive a signal over the airwaves. i.e just like what the analogue (FM/AM) radios did/do and they're also electronic and cost much less. Thats' Marketing for you I guess.

Also there is no point buying a fancy camera when you can take pictures on a cheapo smartphone.

We’ll put the world to rights DD

Back