Small Orb Spider

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
This little young orb spider (do they call them yearlings like horses?) was hunched in a little ball on a bit of the old cherry blossom tree stump in the front garden tonight - and you can see she probably landed there from nearby because you see where the web is with which she found her way there with (spiders are clever aren't they?)

Taken on the Venus lens at 2:1 mag, f/16, 1/200sec, ISO 100.

Paul.

Very nice shot Paul, i`m looking at the 2 top eyes and I see "oh my god, i`ve been photographed" look, detail is great but thats what we expect from you. ( I think its that ring flash)
Yes clever little things spiders are, :)

Excellent Paul.... love the eyes the ring flash is perfectly central which gives a great effect. :D

Very nice! They call young spiders "spiderlings" and this often gets abbreviated to "slings" by those who breed them!

Very nice shot Paul, i`m looking at the 2 top eyes and I see "oh my god, i`ve been photographed" look, detail is great but thats what we expect from you. ( I think its that ring flash)
Yes clever little things spiders are, :)

Cheers Graham :)

Excellent Paul.... love the eyes the ring flash is perfectly central which gives a great effect. :D

Thanks Bryn :)

Very nice! They call young spiders "spiderlings" and this often gets abbreviated to "slings" by those who breed them!

I call them spiderlings, but I usually rfer to them when they are new-born as it were. This female has over-wintered so is possibly a year old or less, so hence the weird query, lol :)

Agree with above - nicely taken.

Cheers Chris m8 :)

Paul.

Great shot Paul, with some really nice detail. That new lens of yours seems to be performing very well, I'm impressed.(y)

George.

Great shot Paul, with some really nice detail. That new lens of yours seems to be performing very well, I'm impressed.(y)

George.

Thank you George :)

I have another shot with the negative space to the left, but I found it less interesting than the one above:

Paul.

Back