Smartphone Videography [Samsung S8 Plus] - Jewel @ Changi SINGAPORE

Name
CK
Edit My Images
No
Hi guys, took a short snippet using [only my Samsung S8 Plus] of the sights and sounds of SINGAPORE Changi Airport @ the tallest Indoor Waterfall in the world..

Also testing out some smartphone videography just for the fun of it, hope u enjoy it!

Do LIKE | COMMENT | SUBSCRIBE and SHARE - If it suits your taste,

Do take a look at least if it doesn't or perhaps let me know how I can improve on my smartphone techniques better for my future projects!

Peace..

Hi guys, took a short snippet using [only my Samsung S8 Plus] of the sights and sounds of SINGAPORE Changi Airport @ the tallest Indoor Waterfall in the world..

Also testing out some smartphone videography just for the fun of it, hope u enjoy it!

Do LIKE | COMMENT | SUBSCRIBE and SHARE - If it suits your taste,

Do take a look at least if it doesn't or perhaps let me know how I can improve on my smartphone techniques better for my future projects!

Peace..

Hi CK, I'm certainly impressed with your work and have been watching your videos on You Tube and have subscribed.

It's something I am trying to get into using my iPhone 7 Plus. I really can't offer you any crit' etc as with this part of my photography I'm seriously a total beginner. I would however like to know what you used for your stabilisation, I presume it was a Gimbal but which one? Also your live sound, was it recorded directly via you cell phone via the built in mic or did you have an external mic connected and if so what one? And finally what software did you use for editing etc. So many questions I know but I'm really impressed and interested with your work.

George.

Last edited:
Hi CK, I'm certainly impressed with your work and have been watching your videos on You Tube and have subscribed.

It's something I am trying to get into using my iPhone 7 Plus. I really can't offer you any crit' etc as with this part of my photography I'm seriously a total beginner. I would however like to know what you used for your stabilisation, I presume it was a Gimbal but which one? Also your live sound, was it recorded directly via you cell phone via the built in mic or did you have an external mic connected and if so what one? And finally what software did you use for editing etc. So many questions I know but I'm really impressed and interested with your work.

George.

Hi George, thanks for your support, I've been a fan of photography and videography since a young age but truth be told, I wasn't a very technical person, adjustment of shutter speed and ISO was a concept I never quite understood even when I follow step by step guidance through videos.

So Smartphone photography and videography kinda suits my taste as I let the AI do most of the hard work while I concentrate on getting the angles and the artistic views. There are still some technicalities which involves the use of Gimbals, I'm using a Zhiyun Smooth Q, very limited in features but definitely gets the job done, which is to stabilize my footages.

Software wise I use Wondershare Filmora, I remembered I bought the paid full version many years back, should be under 100 USD with a lifetime membership, generally the features are the same as any other film editor, in the end I just try to use as much creativity in my editing .

Thanks man.

Hi George, thanks for your support, I've been a fan of photography and videography since a young age but truth be told, I wasn't a very technical person, adjustment of shutter speed and ISO was a concept I never quite understood even when I follow step by step guidance through videos.

So Smartphone photography and videography kinda suits my taste as I let the AI do most of the hard work while I concentrate on getting the angles and the artistic views. There are still some technicalities which involves the use of Gimbals, I'm using a Zhiyun Smooth Q, very limited in features but definitely gets the job done, which is to stabilize my footages.

Software wise I use Wondershare Filmora, I remembered I bought the paid full version many years back, should be under 100 USD with a lifetime membership, generally the features are the same as any other film editor, in the end I just try to use as much creativity in my editing .

Thanks man.

Hi CK.,
Many thanks for your reply its very interesting to know just how you work. I have purchased the "DJI Osmo 3" gimbal and am slowly getting my head around it and its many features. I was torn between the DJI & Benro gimbals and finally decided to go for the DJI because the software is supposedly better with more facilities. However I'm still not so sure I made the right choice as with the Benro gimbal you can plug in an external microphone to the handle and the sound is transmitted to the cell phone via bluetooth. I've also purchased a Rode microphone which improves the sound quite a bit but it cant really be used with the DJI gimbal as it puts everything out of balance but works just fine when putting the cell phone on a steadying bracket (non gimbal) and also works very well with my cameras.

George.

Back