Smashing

Edit My Images
Yes
A really windy day, not nice conditions to shoot in, actually quite a challenge. Hope the results were worth it.

Smashing
by Tony Sellen, on Flickr

32f686904bba72fc60920752485c871a

Wind at Ouse by Tony Sellen on 500px

No1 purely because you can see the full power of the waves. Good to see the water draining too.
Looks like a blowy day.
They suit B&W.

Love the shot with the ferry just because the wave is on a par in terms of size.

Thanks for the comments.
It was a very blowy day, about 60MPH winds. The ferry was sitting outside for a while waiting for the right moment. I was coming in sideways at one point. Some fantastic work from the captain.
I have quite a few more wave shots and a few ferry ones too. May try sort them out over the next few days.

Lovely shots, just goes to show just how much that breakwater protects the harbour. It's a cracking shot No1 withe the water way over the lighthouse and the water pouring out of the scuppers around the base of the lighthouse. No2 very nice, as the ferry gives an even better scale to the size of the wave. The B&W conversion finishes the job off. Nice work Tony, a great pair(y)

Love the power you've captured in the first Tony whereas the second shows the scale of the waves in comparison to the ferry.

PS Is that a seagull in the sky between the ferry and the lighthouse? It keeps grabbing my attention - would it benefit from a quick clone out?

Agree about the second seagull - first one really works well in my view.

Back