Answered Smilies

Edit My Images
Yes
Not a biggie, more of an annoyance I could live with if I have to .

When I insert a smiley it jumps to random areas of my post, never the end of the sentence I've just typed.

I delete smiley and try again, sometimes once, sometimes I've to delete 3/4 times before it inserts in correct spot. Also I can't move the smiley by left click and drag

Not the end of the world, just a PITA ;)

When I insert a smiley it jumps to random areas of my post, never the end of the sentence I've just typed.................

if i want to insert a smilie, first i type a string of ...............
couple of carriage returns (so I can continue typing)
position typing cursor back at end of dots............I
insert smilie............. (y)

You just need to make sure that the cursor is in the right position before you click on the smiley.

I find it easier to use the keyboard equivalents as I touch-type pretty fast. Hover your mouse pointer over a smiley and it will show you what it is in text.

I tend to type them also.
Here's a list I created awhile back its not all inclusive but it should help a little

:) :)
:thumbs: (y)
;) ;)
:( :(
:woot: :woot:
:coat: :coat:
:banana: :banana:
:beer: :beer:
:clap: :clap:
:hug: :hug:
:love: :love:
:wave: :wave:
:ty: :ty:
:runaway: :runaway:
:D :D

if i want to insert a smilie, first i type a string of ...............
couple of carriage returns (so I can continue typing)
position typing cursor back at end of dots............I
insert smilie............. (y)

Nope, doesn't work

You just need to make sure that the cursor is in the right position before you click on the smiley.

I find it easier to use the keyboard equivalents as I touch-type pretty fast. Hover your mouse pointer over a smiley and it will show you what it is in text.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:..........sorry but :thinking:......thanks anyway

P I C N I C :exit:

You take the mick Roger, I won't sleep tonight if its not sorted :dummy:

I tend to type them also.
Here's a list I created awhile back its not all inclusive but it should help a little

:) :)
:thumbs: (y)
;) ;)
:( :(
:woot: :woot:
:coat: :coat:
:banana: :banana:
:beer: :beer:
:clap: :clap:
:hug: :hug:
:love: :love:
:wave: :wave:
:ty: :ty:
:runaway: :runaway:
:D :D

Cheers Chris, typing 'em in does seem to work.........strange though, all these years and never had a problem until the last forum upgrade :thinking:

Cheers Chris ... strange though, all these years and never had a problem until the last forum upgrade
No worries Phil.
But I've no idea why that should be though.

Im wondering if it's a browser issue or browser extension causing the issue?

Is this still happening? I have a feeling it may be connected to the "Keyboard" thread which seems to have solved itself.....

Damn strange! Glad it's sorted now though :)

Back