Snooker shot

Name
Bryan
Edit My Images
Yes
1157420_201562376686949_1489056897_n.jpg

1170886_201574806685706_650826468_n.jpg

All comments appreciated, as said before, I love the feedback. its a great way to learn :)

--Bry

Last edited:
My thoughts for what it's worth (and i'm no expert), but neither of the shots look in focus.

Agree with all the posts, think I missed the focus, even though the camera using the AF lights on the viewfinder said it was on the face.

Any tips?

i think your shutter speed maybe was a tad slow, it looks like you had a little bit of camera shake do you have the exif data?

Aye I do have the exif data, when I get home I'll post :)

The lighting on the second one looks great, but it's hard to see where the focal point is on either image.

First image

1.jpg

Second Image

2.jpg

Looking at your exif- the shutter speed is far too slow- hence the out of focus images

Try to get the shutter speed at least that of the focal length of the lens being used - 18-55mm at least 1/60th sec for hand held shots

Failing that use a fill flash

Les (y)

Cheers for the reply Les :)

Would you say then that I have (in theory) got the focus correct but the slow shutter speed resulting in shake has caused the OOF?

Also, didn't want to use flash as other people were on the table next to us. ISO was 3200, is there anything else I could of done to help these. I presume obviously a faster lens would help but trying not to spend any more money after this weeks already expensive trips out :p

Bry

Would you say then that I have (in theory) got the focus correct but the slow shutter speed resulting in shake has caused the OOF?

Also, didn't want to use flash as other people were on the table next to us. ISO was 3200, is there anything else I could of done to help these. I presume obviously a faster lens would help but trying not to spend any more money after this weeks already expensive trips out :p

Bry

Faster lens would help but it narrows your focus area. Having ur camera on a stand will help as will remote triggering it. I'd say either get more ambient light or use a flash

Bry

Looks like that to me- but Im no expert (y)and a faster lens could have helped with the shutter speed and lowering the iso too

Back