Snow Bunting

Great subject matter and pin sharp, Den...with some lovely detail coming through on the bird.

But, the overall scene just doesn't work for me. I can live with the OOF rock in the BG, but that broken branch to the right is way too dominant ( close to the Snow Bunt ) and really draws the eye.

Just my personal opinion, Den...and I'm quite sure others will not agree with my critique.

Hiya Den, lovely shot of a beautiful bird (y) missed one not long ago fairly local :(

I agree with Andy though, the broken bit of twig/branch is a little distracting, don't think it helps it being within the dof /acceptable focus

Last edited:
Despite the fact that I am a noob at this, I'm going to disagree with both Andy's and Phil's observations on this one - sorry gents.

If you look at the bird's beak, you will see that there is food residue part way up its beak. If you look at the stump itself, there appears to be some food residue inside the hollow. To me 1+1=2 in that the bird has in fact been feeding from inside the hollow of the stump. Therefore for me, the stump belongs in the picture and is part of the story behind it.

Perhaps @den would make further comment as there does appear to be food on the trunk as well.

Despite the fact that I am a noob at this, I'm going to disagree with both Andy's and Phil's observations on this one - sorry gents.

If you look at the bird's beak, you will see that there is food residue part way up its beak. If you look at the stump itself, there appears to be some food residue inside the hollow. To me 1+1=2 in that the bird has in fact been feeding from inside the hollow of the stump. Therefore for me, the stump belongs in the picture and is part of the story behind it.

Perhaps @den would make further comment as there does appear to be food on the trunk as well.
If there is food its all natural ,as for the scene i am happy with it as i wouldnt have posted ,but i take all comments and CC on board (y)

As i've just said to Jeff Den keep them coming,. for me the whole lot have been wonderful.

Stu

Back