Snow Leopard - WHF

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
No
Went for a photography day at WHF on Sunday. This is probably my favorite although there are a few others which may find there way on to here soon!

Snow_Leopard by braveboy2012, on Flickr

Comments and Critique welcome.

Where was this taken? Its a great shot

Hi Vicky, the WHF is the wildlife heritage foundation (often referred to as the big cat sanctuary) and is near Ashford in Kent. They are not normally open to the public but they do some photography days there where you can basically stand/kneel next to the wire fences. It's a pretty cool day but is quite expensive. My work paid for me to go :D

oh and thanks, I love it :love:

good shot! Maybe would give little more room above the ears though?

Yeah, I'm a bit of that opinion but there wasn't any there!

The tutors for the day told us not to worry about not getting the whole ears and whiskers in but I still tried to!

Great shot. Is that Ranschan?
I was there a couple of weeks ago. It's a fantastic place.
The thing people need to know is that often you manage to get so close to the cats that the photos can't help but crop a bit or ear/tail or can't get too low down a shot as you need to leave time to jump back in case the cats make a grab for you and try to pull you through the fence.
I've been three times now, look forward go seeing more of your shots :)

Great shot. Is that Ranschan?

....or can't get too low down a shot as you need to leave time to jump back in case the cats make a grab for you and try to pull you through the fence.

Yep, he's got a lovely tan-ish hue to him, gorgeous.

I did lean back a few times but I saw some others jump. Funny to watch when it's not you!

I'm away for a few days but hopefully get some more on here soon. Although we are off to Bristol zoo tomorrow so...!

Thanks

Hi Vicky, the WHF is the wildlife heritage foundation (often referred to as the big cat sanctuary) and is near Ashford in Kent. They are not normally open to the public but they do some photography days there where you can basically stand/kneel next to the wire fences. It's a pretty cool day but is quite expensive. My work paid for me to go :D

oh and thanks, I love it :love:
Great capture Gary. I have shot snow leopards in the wild.

Back