Critique Snow.

Dale.

Bo Derek
Name
Dale.
Edit My Images
Yes
First proper snow for us today and a shot I've been waiting on for a few years now for conditions to be right. I photographed this a few years ago on a showery day but I was waiting on the snow and fog. Stupid good conditions today.

This is just a very slight detour off the school run.

Snow. by Dale, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice shot Dale.
no snow here

Possibly off white Bob, it's a colour image believe it or not and there was a little sun behind me.

I'm debating a B+W version.

No snow in Darvel but plenty on the valley sides.

Last edited:
I wouldn't know where to begin with landscape photography, but I like this image, Dale...I was wondering if it was a colour image but wasn't sure.

Have a go at a B+W version and see which one works best for you.

I love the second image Dale, the first one is good too, but the more white works better for me. I can't help feeling that wee tree on it's own on the right deserves a shot all on it's own too.

I wouldn't know where to begin with landscape photography, but I like this image, Dale...I was wondering if it was a colour image but wasn't sure.

Have a go at a B+W version and see which one works best for you.

Thanks Andy. Yep, colour, as is the second. It's amazing how the tones alter in just afew seconds as the light chnages. I may just take all the colour of the first and process it as an outright B+W.(y)

I love the second image Dale, the first one is good too, but the more white works better for me.

Cheers Martin. The second is the one I think.

I can't help feeling that wee tree on it's own on the right deserves a shot all on it's own too.

Possibly, tomorrow. ;)(y)

Sometimes, all you have to do is turn up. :)

Snowblind. by Dale, on Flickr

Last edited:
Very nice set of images Dale

Cracking set Dale, the pure white of the 2nd does look better to my eyes. Unfortunately no snow here all year so far, and not looking promising for the next month or so.

Cracking set Dale, the pure white of the 2nd does look better to my eyes. Unfortunately no snow here all year so far, and not looking promising for the next month or so.

Thank you.

Still snow here although it’s bright and sunny today.

#2 for me as well, apart from the 'colour' the foreground not being quite so deep I prefer.

Not really my thing but I took a look anyway! Apart from the yellow snow (must be a joke there somewhere :oops: :$) of the first, I like them all. Nice, clean, simple compositions. Might not be to your taste but I think these would be good shots to try a bit of selective toning on

Mike

Lovely minimalist images - right up my street :)

Thanks Helen.

Not really my thing but I took a look anyway! Apart from the yellow snow (must be a joke there somewhere :oops: :$) of the first, I like them all. Nice, clean, simple compositions. Might not be to your taste but I think these would be good shots to try a bit of selective toning on

Mike

Appreciated the comment and ideas Mike, as always. (y)

You have certainly captured the cold winter look, I do like the one with the two sets of trees.

Back