Snowdon horseshoe

Actually this was taken about 5 pm. All the tiny air particles were backlit by strong sunlight directly in front of me.

Down in Nantgwynant a short distance from here the valley was full of brownish grot, but at 300m plus the air was much cleaner.

But I was glad I had a couple of days out with the camera recently.

That's very nice, strong composition and interest throughout the image.

Very nice, Jerry. I've seen many, many pictures of the horseshoe from the east, but never one like that. Beautiful.

It's a nice layered shot, but I think you can strengthen it by getting closer to that little tree on the right hand side and framing it against the mountains directly behind. You could exclude that left hand side if you wish

I like the atmospheric perspective here a lot. The darkened foreground feels a tad dominant, but there is little that could have been done to avoid this.
Good work!

It's a nice layered shot, but I think you can strengthen it by getting closer to that little tree on the right hand side and framing it against the mountains directly behind. You could exclude that left hand side if you wish

Yes, there's a non-panoramic shot there too. I'm sure I have one somewhere!

I like the atmospheric perspective here a lot. The darkened foreground feels a tad dominant, but there is little that could have been done to avoid this.
Good work!

I've been playing around with LR's exposure controls and it's easy to open up the foreground as you suggest.

It is a stunning view indeed Jerry I recall it being like this last Friday we may have been passing ships if so?, lovely capture.

Yes, it was last Friday, Kevin; it would probably have looked quite like this from the main road but I actually went up on the hillside on the north side of the valley to get a little bit of foreground interest. There's quite a decent way-marked path up there.

Back