Snowdon Landscape

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Just downloaded a new photo editing programme (Affinity), so I have been going through and re-editing some of my past photos. I think this one has turned out quite well, especially now when I compare to the original version. I am kicking myself that I didn't retain the RAW files from this trip to Snowdon now...

Snowdonia 8 Re-edit by Adam Palmer, on Flickr

And the original for comparison:

Snowdonia 8 by Adam Palmer, on Flickr

I'd have or somewhere in in-between too, the sky is a little too blue in the re-edit. Apart from that it looks good to me

Agreed with above - with new software it's quite tricky to find a balance at first between not enough & too much. Personally I'd also have gone easier on the steps too - the sort-of HDR and over-emphasis of small detail is a processing giveaway.

I do not like that edit you have destroyed the shadows, It was not shot in the best light accept that and balance the exposure a little but not that much you do not have to recover all the detail from everywhere.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Post processing is definitely a weak point for me so it's very helpful to hopefully improve. I might have another go at this one and see if I can strike the right balance.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Post processing is definitely a weak point for me so it's very helpful to hopefully improve. I might have another go at this one and see if I can strike the right balance.
Is your monitor calibrated.

No, funnily enough I've just bought a new laptop and was looking at monitor calibration tools yesterday. Any recommendations?

Back