Snowdon supreme

Edit My Images
Yes
its been nearly one year since i last went to Snowdonia, the very place that sparked life into my into my landscape photography obsession. mainly due to back issues which are on the mend. feeling good and motivated i went and bought some crampons and an ice axe and went on my way.

Sadly the ridge i was aiming for (Lliwedd) was just out of my reach, i had climbed nearly 700mtrs and less than 100 from the ridge when i hit a sheer wall of ice!! being on my own i spent 30 mins trying to eye up a safe line and although i was confidant of getting up, i wasn't as confidant getting back down. i decided to give in and retreat. the sunrise was spectacular i had planned everything on google earth to see the way light would lay on the land and as i was half way back down the sunrise i was expecting developed. heres a set of images from the way down and a stop off at Llyn Ogwen.

I really do love this place, and even though i never made it to my summit im still happy i got back to the place where it all began.

thanks for looking

rocks snowdon by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

tryfan waterfall by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

snowdon looking back down miners sunrise by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

rock n grass by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

Crib Goch sunrise by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

crib goch ridge by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

Beautiful images :)

Excellent stuff. Was in the same situation years ago on Tryfan decided to abandon the climb, was just too risky. There’s always another day. That 2nd shot, where exactly was this taken from please.

Lovely set- No2 stands out for me, the DOF is amazing :)

Les

Excellent stuff. Was in the same situation years ago on Tryfan decided to abandon the climb, was just too risky. There’s always another day. That 2nd shot, where exactly was this taken from please.

Just before you come to the parking area for Tryfans north face there’s a section of straight road where everyone parks as it’s free. Park here and cross over the road where you will a small public footpath follow this path up to a style and cross over the style and just head up the right hand side of the waterfall.

Yep, all just fabulous, the waterfall scene is epic. In pure wow factor, maybe UK version of Monument Valley. It’s amazing the risks that are taken to acquire a certain photograph, one wonders which risk is top of the pile. Great story and well done indeed.

Just before you come to the parking area for Tryfans north face there’s a section of straight road where everyone parks as it’s free. Park here and cross over the road where you will a small public footpath follow this path up to a style and cross over the style and just head up the right hand side of the waterfall.

Many thanks I am heading this way at the weekend, may have a nosey[emoji23]

Re the waterfall pic : Joe Cornish has a picture taken from that stream somewhere with a big spherical rock in the foreground (and Tryfan in the b/g) ! How does he find them? Maybe he took it up in his rucsac?

I thought I knew Wales reasonably well but I though it must have been taken somewhere on the west coast of Scotland....!

Well done for getting up there in the cold. I've become a bit of a softie.

Crackers each and every one!!

Re the waterfall pic : Joe Cornish has a picture taken from that stream somewhere with a big spherical rock in the foreground (and Tryfan in the b/g) ! How does he find them? Maybe he took it up in his rucsac?

I thought I knew Wales reasonably well but I though it must have been taken somewhere on the west coast of Scotland....!

Well done for getting up there in the cold. I've become a bit of a softie.

The whole stream was awesome I couldn’t get in it as I wanted to due to how much water was flowing. There whlas ice hanging off every rock worth the effort only about 20mins to this location. Next time I go I will head higher I think. There is a lake at the top from looking at the map

its been nearly one year since i last went to Snowdonia, the very place that sparked life into my into my landscape photography obsession. mainly due to back issues which are on the mend. feeling good and motivated i went and bought some crampons and an ice axe and went on my way.

Sadly the ridge i was aiming for (Lliwedd) was just out of my reach, i had climbed nearly 700mtrs and less than 100 from the ridge when i hit a sheer wall of ice!! being on my own i spent 30 mins trying to eye up a safe line and although i was confidant of getting up, i wasn't as confidant getting back down. i decided to give in and retreat. the sunrise was spectacular i had planned everything on google earth to see the way light would lay on the land and as i was half way back down the sunrise i was expecting developed. heres a set of images from the way down and a stop off at Llyn Ogwen.

I really do love this place, and even though i never made it to my summit im still happy i got back to the place where it all began.

thanks for looking

rocks snowdon by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

tryfan waterfall by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

snowdon looking back down miners sunrise by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

rock n grass by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

Crib Goch sunrise by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

crib goch ridge by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

"Excellent" set of images Sir, nothing more to be said.(y)

George.

The whole stream was awesome I couldn’t get in it as I wanted to due to how much water was flowing. There whlas ice hanging off every rock worth the effort only about 20mins to this location. Next time I go I will head higher I think. There is a lake at the top from looking at the map

I like nos 1 and 4 as well.

Seen your work elsewhere, Danny and really liking it. Think you joined the All Things Cuillin group on Facebook today and I'm looking forward to seeing your work from there later in the year.

Back