snowdonia/angelsey

Boy, do I like all your shots! …a great contemplative eye you have.
The thing I don't get is why you render most your take with techniques that
belong more to an imagery studio than a photography atelier? Many of the
touchups are too visible, detectable!

Very nice set and I also love 6 and 8, although I would crop no.6 to a panoramic format as the top third of the sky doesn't really add much to the shot IMNO.

#8 really stands out for me - should enter it into the Wild Woods category of the BWPA 2016 competition (when it opens).

Think #6 could do with a panoramic crop to lose most of the sky and the darkest part of the foreground.

Not too keen on the night time bridge shots

A nice set - too be hyper critical the composition of the night night bridge shots is a bit odd to me ?

I like all the others but no 6 really stands out ! Would like to see it in B&W too :)

6 & 8 the standouts for me, love the tones in 6 and 8 is something a bit different.. cwmystradllyn in 1 & 2 is a tricky place to photograph, needs a bit of help from Mother Nature with a show of dramatic light to get the best from it.. did you call at Pandy Mill too?

Simon

cwmystradllyn in 1 & 2 is a tricky place to photograph, needs a bit of help from Mother Nature with a show of dramatic light to get the best from it.. did you call at Pandy Mill too?

Simon, that's Llyn y Gadair not Cwm Ystradllyn, you of all people should know that! :p

Simon, that's Llyn y Gadair not Cwm Ystradllyn, you of all people should know that! :p

Rather amusing and embarrassing at the same time that is Nick :coat:- I certainly should have noticed considering I have a full page of text and photos of it in the book... just saw the boats and they reminded me of the ones usually left on the shoreline at Llyn Cwmystradllyn

Simon

Last edited:

Boy, do I like all your shots! …a great contemplative eye you have.
The thing I don't get is why you render most your take with techniques that
belong more to an imagery studio than a photography atelier? Many of the
touchups are too visible, detectable!

Thanks for the feedback - still feel like i'm learning so i appreciate the comment. maybe my monitor needs calibrating as i'm not trying to be too heavy handed but i am certainly bending the image to fit in with how i remember/imagined the scene and how i maybe felt at that time too.

thanks all for the feedback too. sorry it's taken so long to get back - but was away at the weekend. thanks again

Back