Snowdonia - the last few days

Edit My Images
No
With the clocks going forward I've been able to get out after work. Photographic conditions have been a mixed bag with a fair it of haze around but the coming of BST means freedom from oppressive weather on my days off and a less grumpy me when that happens!

Thanks for looking :)

The start of a Snowdonian summer? by Nick Livesey Mountain Images, on Flickr

Aerial Perspective - Cwm Silyn by Nick Livesey Mountain Images, on Flickr

Self portrait - Yr Aran by Nick Livesey Mountain Images, on Flickr

Llynau Cwm Silyn by Nick Livesey Mountain Images, on Flickr

Solitude by Nick Livesey Mountain Images, on Flickr

Very nice set of images, great light on those fine mountains.

Fine set.

I like the self portrait and (from your flickr description) I think 'snap' doesn't do it justice.

Not sure about the dragons on the head gear though ;)

You got some great light.
Lovely set.

Very nice and as already mentioned the lighting is excellent.

Very nice set of shots, but think the last 2 are my favourite, great reflection in the water :)

Second one stands out for me, some really nice warm colours keep drawing my attention to it.

Love the first two especially Nick.

We've been in the Dales today and the nice weather makes such a difference even though it was very hazy most of the day.

Thanks for the nice comments folks, not my best work by a country mile and non that I'm particularly proud of but it's very exciting to know that, weather permitting, I can get out every night if I want too. I've got a bit of a thing for mountains you see and there doesn't seem to be a cure! ;)

I think they are a very good set. Interested to hear your own critique if you are not proud of them.

I stumbled across these as I'd search out Snowdonia as I've just spent a couple of contrasting days there (Wed/Thurs). First day, I walked up to the summit weighed down with two bodies (cameras), a couple of lenses and a host of filters (plus all the usual extra clothing, maps, food, drinks etc) only to be met with visibility of less than 50 yards. Next day was wall to wall sunshine so went up again - by train! (I was knackered from the previous day) and was blown away with the scenery (my first time).

Jealous that you can get up there as often as you like - fabulous area of the world. :D

Fantastic Nick I had the intention to stop by today at your gallery to say hello and catch up after my 4hour journey from South but decided to continue as the car park was full, so I then continued onto see the filming of king Arthur just around the corner

I think they are a very good set. Interested to hear your own critique if you are not proud of them.

I stumbled across these as I'd search out Snowdonia as I've just spent a couple of contrasting days there (Wed/Thurs). First day, I walked up to the summit weighed down with two bodies (cameras), a couple of lenses and a host of filters (plus all the usual extra clothing, maps, food, drinks etc) only to be met with visibility of less than 50 yards. Next day was wall to wall sunshine so went up again - by train! (I was knackered from the previous day) and was blown away with the scenery (my first time).

Jealous that you can get up there as often as you like - fabulous area of the world. :D

Fantastic as always with landscape photography you just have to keep enjoying the great outdoors.

Some more stunning shots Nick, can't believe how much the lake is like glass on the Cwm Silyn shot.

Cheers,
Eddie

Back