Yes
Took these early February.

This on a 300mm
CQ9A6125.jpg

This on my 100mm macro
CQ9A6175.jpg

And this on my 15mm Laowa
CQ9A6054.jpg

I very much like the last one Chris. I think the perspective of the 15mm worked really well for that scene. Nice use of flash too, and also the low down angle of view giving the sky and OOF trees in the background - I love that. The whole thing works very well for me.

To my eye at least it leans a little towards the pictorial rather than the strictly natural, and perhaps that's why I like it so much! (I have ongoing debates with myself about the naturalness or - more often - otherwise of my images, both flowers and invertebrates. Personally I've pretty much given up on strictly natural and stopped worrying about it.) I think that is a really appealing picture.

Thanks both of you

I very much like the last one Chris. I think the perspective of the 15mm worked really well for that scene. Nice use of flash too, and also the low down angle of view giving the sky and OOF trees in the background - I love that. The whole thing works very well for me.

To my eye at least it leans a little towards the pictorial rather than the strictly natural, and perhaps that's why I like it so much! (I have ongoing debates with myself about the naturalness or - more often - otherwise of my images, both flowers and invertebrates. Personally I've pretty much given up on strictly natural and stopped worrying about it.) I think that is a really appealing picture.

Yes was pleased with the 15mm shots. The rayflash adapter that I used with is quite effective at giving different effects. I do natural and also the "pictorial" - depends on what I feel like.

Here's another wide one with harsher look

CQ9A6081.jpg

And a 100mm that I think is a bit more delicate.

CQ9A6184.jpg

I particularly like #1. I like the perspective that a 300mm gives to a clump of small plants. Having said that I like the low and wide approach of #3.
I find snowdrops hard to photograph well and I think you've done a great job Chris.

Back