Critique Snowy Cutter

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys
I'm only just getting round to processing some of my shots from my visit to North Norway and the Arctic earlier in the year (shame on me). There never seems to be enough hours in the day and I'm hopeless at thinning out the shots in L/Room and deciding what to bin and what to keep!
Anyhow i would be pleased if you could some thoughts on this pair both shot together more or less very slightly different as one I cropped a little to straighten it as the tripod leg slipped on the ice (My story and I'm sticking to it) I guess on of the things I'm looking at is the shutter speed in one you notice the show is little blurry flakes the other little lines of white. what do you prefer? I rather like this shot and would appreciate any comments good or bad.
Thanks for looking
Steve
Version 1
M/S Alka by sacrickman, on Flickr

Version 2
M/S ALKA V2 by sacrickman, on Flickr

I know you might have had a long wait but it would of been a nicer shot if it had stopped snowing IMHO

Would have been a long wait Nick mate about 4 days and i was 200 miles away then;) but i know what your saying!

Last edited:
Hi, I prefer no 2 without the snow motion, but I think I'd be tempted to clone the snowflakes out in LR!

Thanks dropping by Gregg appreciate the comments

Given the harsh conditions you have done a fantastic job, I'm sure many including myself would have kept camera in bag, thanks for sharing Steve

One of those shots I couldn't resist Kev. Personally I love the snow and could easily move to Norway. The wife said she will help me pack:eek:. Did some training up there a long time ago;).
The bag was over the camera most of the time stopping the snow getting in! It was snowing pretty heavy and did for most of the time I was there with only a few short breaks.
Thanks for the comments Kev appreciate it.. BTW I managed to trace the owners of the boat! At least that's me and them that like it(y)

Last edited:
Hi Kevin, that's great, thank you. Personally I like the shot because of the snow, what I wasn't sure about was if I liked the slower shutter speed or not. I think I'm actually with you on version 2, it was a very precarious location with the snow so deep that i wasn't sure if I was going to end up in the water.
Thanks for stopping by, appreciate your comments(y)

Back