Snowy North Yorks today...

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Two typical locations, in fantastic conditions...it was crazy that the A65 was in worse condition from the M6 to Ingleton than the Ribblehead road from Ingleton, sketchy to say the least...and the first and only car up to Winskill from Langcliffe was equally as interesting finding the actual road in the snow, but worth it when you have a vehicle capable of doing it!

Ribblehead...
Ribblehead by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Winskill Stones
Winskill Stones by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Two excellent photos there Martin can pick a fave as they're both brilliant. Well done for braving it and getting out there.

Lovely mono images.

Lovely mono images.
Excellent work.
Thank you :)

Lovely shots. Winskill in the snow is a real ankle breaker isn't it! :)
Thank you Tom...yeah we had to be rather careful where we put our feet :D

You've processed these beyond exceptionally well. I saw the insta story - both these are triumphs of composition, camera craft and processing (do watch for noise though but B&W always suits a slight grain)
Cheers mate, much appreciated. You know I noticed the noise creeping in on the sky of the Ribblehead shot when I was doing my dodge and burn layer, and then forgot about it, although I think it looks worse on Flickr, but it'll need rectified for sure, but don't think it's too bad to worry about replacing the social media posted images?

Both fantastic images.

Thank you :)

Thank you Tom...yeah we had to be rather careful where we put our feet :D

Cheers mate, much appreciated. You know I noticed the noise creeping in on the sky of the Ribblehead shot when I was doing my dodge and burn layer, and then forgot about it, although I think it looks worse on Flickr, but it'll need rectified for sure, but don't think it's too bad to worry about replacing the social media posted images?

Honestly - only the trained eye will see it. Noise, even on the latest and greatest cameras creeps in whenever you do dramatic adjustments to the tone curve etc.

They’ll do great on SM

2 lovely images but the viaduct is epic, should be on a wall.

Back