Critique So i went to Skye.......

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
So in preperation for our winter workshop, me and @Steelo took a 2 day trip upto Skye via Glencoe. We were lucky with the weather and had a great laugh. A truly great couple of days. Here's a few I've processed so far.

1 - The Buachaille, Glencoe.

2 - Eileen Donan Castle.

3 - Neist Point Sunset.

4 - Quirang Sunrise.

5 - The old man of Storr, not such a classic view.

6 - The Fairy Pools, Glenbrittle.

Thanks for looking.

Nick

#2 and #5 for me. All seem slightly tight for landscapes but excellent non the less. Did you use a soft or hard grad in #5?

Lovely set Nick.
You got a cracking shot of Eileen Donan. Lots of interest.

I wouldn't know where to start with these Nick, so I'll just say "Excellent" and leave it at that.(y)

George.

Nice set from a cracking couple of days mate :)

Great photos, but why is the Eilean Donan Castle flag at half mast?

I'm going to assume it's because the castle lost a staff member who served the castle for over 20 years recently.

Great photos, but why is the Eilean Donan Castle flag at half mast?
From their facebook page......

CLOSURE NOTICE
On Tuesday 21st of July, the funeral of our beloved Pam, who served the castle faithfully for 20 years will take place. As such, the entire operation at Eilean Donan will be closed from 11.15am in order that her castle family can accompany her on her final journey.
That afternoon, we shall be leaving our gates open, allowing visitors to cross onto the island and access the exterior of the castle. We will then re-open at 9.00am on Wednesday 22nd July.
We apologise for any inconvenience at this hugely difficult time for the Eilean Donan team, and thank you again for all the condolences and messages of support we've received in recent days. May I also add that Pam's family have been incredibly touched by them all. Thank you for your understanding.

and from a couple of days prior

A huge and ever-present light went out in our castle life today, as we lost our much-loved Pam after a short illness. For 20 years Eilean Donan was the absolute centre of her life along with her beloved husband Alistair. Over the years she welcomed quite literally millions of visitors to the castle, with elegance, a smile and a highland twinkle in her eye. She will be hugely missed by everyone who knew her, and I'm not quite sure if our castle family will ever quite be the same again. Our thoughts and prayers are with all the MacRae family at this terribly difficult time.

Sad times indeed. A nice gesture from them.

Nice set Nick 3 & 6 for me, 3 particularly because it was one site that I just couldn't get the right conditions for :)

3 and 4 look good.

Not sure on the first.. Like the second but the version of Neist is very good, probably more a spring, autumn or winter sunset location. Great image of the quiring.

I like the idea of the storr shot. I nearly tried that image myself but couldn't quite make it work the way you have. In saying that the falls there are really nice on their own.

Re the pools lights a tad harsh for me.

Starting your title with "So" is bad enough, but opening the introduction with "So" as well o_O

Really nice set of photos though and seeing as this is a photography forum, it's a big thumbs up from me.

Back