Social Distancing

Edit My Images
Yes
All,

I am a full time University student and we have been advised to return home in the current circumstances. Of course we have a good amount of online learning and coursework to complete at this time, however it has also afford me the time to go out and use my camera for genres other than portraits and sport.

I thought I'd start this thread as I am committing myself to try and get out everyday to photograph at least something...

Yesterday, I took my 400 2.8 out and a newly arrived 180 2.8 for a test:
180_test-9869 by Chris Reynolds, on Flickr

180_test-9929 by Chris Reynolds, on Flickr

180_test-9893 by Chris Reynolds, on Flickr

180_test-9895 by Chris Reynolds, on Flickr

This morning I was out trying some landscapes with the 10.5mm DX lens with the lens hood removed on a FF sensor:

fisheye_test- by Chris Reynolds, on Flickr

fisheye_test--2 by Chris Reynolds, on Flickr

fisheye_test-0204 by Chris Reynolds, on Flickr

Anyway... thought it would be interesting to log my progress here and see what comes from it - I'd encourage others to do the same! I'd love to see what you get up to when you're exercising 'social distancing'

Chris

Chris,

I like the second fisheye image particularly - very strong. It puts me in mind of the blood vessels of the retina - sorry, crazy connection!

Chris,

I like the second fisheye image particularly - very strong. It puts me in mind of the blood vessels of the retina - sorry, crazy connection!

I like that one too and can certainly see the connection.
@toohuge Good idea ... but keep safe. :)

All,

As it was Mother's Day today, my family and I (we had no one visiting for obvious reasons) it was just the three of us at home.

We went for a lovely walk in the sunshine and my mother kindly stood in front of the camera to allow me to test my new 180 2.8. It's a lovely lens and I'm very happy with the results from today and for good measure - took the fisheye with me for a few fun shots too :)

I'll post the portrait shot in the portraits section too if that's allowed!

Mothers_day-2020- by Chris Reynolds, on Flickr

Mothers_day-2020-0350 by Chris Reynolds, on Flickr

Mothers_day-2020-0331 by Chris Reynolds, on Flickr

Mothers_day-2020-0509 by Chris Reynolds, on Flickr

Mothers_day-2020-0552 by Chris Reynolds, on Flickr

We had my niece over a few days ago - so can't share the photos, but we had a good time, even though the house was wrecked! I've been busy struggling with Uni work, but managed to go out this morning for a walk with my parents - yesterday I saw a heron but no camera, today, I saw a number of birds, missed a lot too... but this Robin was very co-operative :)

robin-1277 by Chris Reynolds, on Flickr

robin-1278 by Chris Reynolds, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back