Software to optimize printer output?

Edit My Images
No
I print my immortal masterpieces (processed as monochrome) to a modest Canon Inkjet (iP7250) which produces surprisingly crisp images. I do it using a utility Canon supplied with a previous generation printer, which allows me to specify borders, sizes, paper type etc. Is this really the way to secure the best the printer is capable of? I've tried the "print" command in my elderly copy of Photoshop Elements (pretty useless) and direct from the Windows 7 pro file manager. At least for ease of use the Canon utility wins hands down. But somewhere on the computer something is scaling the images and making quality decisions I have little control over. Should I be using a dedicated program to optimize print output - but if so, what?

I don't think you need to worry about it. Your old Canon utility is just setting the border, print size etc. Pretty much any piece of software is capable of that and it's independent of the actual model of printer you're using. The key to print quality should be the printer driver, and that should be specific to your model of printer (and maybe other printers in the same class).

Back