Soil Stripes

Hi Robin

I think that the photo is actually two shots. The village/farm in the distance and the abstract lines in the foreground.

I think the foreground is very strong and over powers the back of the scene which feels too tight at the top for me.

Another shot is to crop the top off completely and have it as an abstract shot?

:agree:

Have to agree to crop of abstract stripes.
Scrolled tablet and it crops with top of screen, then had me thinking stonking shot, wish it was one of mine.

Nice - and agree it's two images. I did a soil strips shot last night as an abstract, coincidentally. (Sorry for jumping in but it seemed relevant).

Agree with the others, I also think it lacks a full range of tones, it's lacking 'pep' IMVHO.

The stripes remind me of the old Atari logo. The slight kink as the fleece(?) goes over the first ridge offends my perfect symmetry sense but that's the farmer's fault not yours! I would have played with a few different DoF options to see which ended up most pleasing, maybe f/4 or so would have thrown the village out far enough while still letting us know it was there?

Sorry but something does not look right and looks over processed

Agree with most of the above. I want to say it's a bit 'flat' with the BW processing but then at the same time there's a lot of heavy black and contrast in the fore/mid-ground. Would be interesting to see this in colour as I'm wondering if the colours in the trees/houses etc would offset some of the overpowering of those lines. More a composition issue perhaps but in this framing, potentially more balance.

Back