Solitary bee. Osmia caerulescens female.

I really like these! I’m curious if they are sequences as well as ‘merges’ if you see what I mean?

I really like these! I’m curious if they are sequences as well as ‘merges’ if you see what I mean?

Its a single burst shot and each image is merged in photoshop but sometimes i have to move them a bit or leave one out so they dont overlap, but pretty much how they are flying. It takes a while to do the editing as its not automated. :)

Its a single burst shot and each image is merged in photoshop but sometimes i have to move them a bit or leave one out so they dont overlap, but pretty much how they are flying. It takes a while to do the editing as its not automated. :)
Thanks, that is what I assumed. The reason I asked was that in the second pic the 2nd an 3rd from the bottom are increasingly out of focus which gives the impression they are further away than the upper two which is counter-intuitive but, given how manoeuvrable insects in flight are, may be true. Or it may be an artefact of autofocus which I guess you must use for this subject?
Anyway, this does not detract from the photos!

Thanks, that is what I assumed. The reason I asked was that in the second pic the 2nd an 3rd from the bottom are increasingly out of focus which gives the impression they are further away than the upper two which is counter-intuitive but, given how manoeuvrable insects in flight are, may be true. Or it may be an artefact of autofocus which I guess you must use for this subject?
Anyway, this does not detract from the photos!

Unfortunately they never fly in a straight line so keeping them all in focus is difficult. I just try and keep the best to include but could have left those two out although i think it gives the impression of depth, perhaps. Anyway thanks, something to bear in mind :)

Unfortunately they never fly in a straight line so keeping them all in focus is difficult. I just try and keep the best to include but could have left those two out although i think it gives the impression of depth, perhaps. Anyway thanks, something to bear in mind :)
I wasn’t being critical of the photo, I like it as it is, it just raised questions about how bees fly, which is a good thing.

Back