(SOLVED) Need Help with calibrated monitors

Name
Demon
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi I`m new to calibration so need help to get things sorted:

I got a i1 Display pro and calibrated 2 monitors following instructions dell 2413 and 2417h.
Got 2 profiles and set them up in display settings- color management on Windows 7
In Lightroom same in In photoshop In windows on main monitor picture looks fine but if you drag it over the second monitor it looks like Adobe rgb instead of normal profile
What have I done wrong for them to show in default picture viewer to be the same?
and second problem is when I open the file from lightroom to edit in PS it warns "Embedded Profile Mismatch" what do I need to select?
I know its a lot but would really appreciate your help!
Regards
Picture taken with the phone:

viber image.jpg

Last edited:
I am a Mac user so can't be too much help on your first question.... does your Graphics card support two profiles? When I used two monitors I never worried too much about the secondary monitor, using the primary to display the image and the secondary to display the tools.

For your second, you do not have to potty too much about the message, simply select to keep and use the embedded profile. I am guessing that your output from lightroom is set to ProPhoto RGB and Photoshop will be set to a working colour space of sRGB or aRGB. To stop the message set the output profile in LR preferences and the PS working space to the same, either ProPhoto or aRGB are good bets (ProPhoto being the widest gamut, the full gamut will not display on th monitor but you have the greatest leeway.)

I use secondary monitor in PP in lightroom with picture being open on full screen to save zooming on the first monitor.
So I dont need to select my new profile that I created using i1 xrite but srgb? It doesnt make sense since the colors wont be displayed correctly?
The picture that I showed shows too much of a difference. If you set the default profile which comes with both monitors the image doesnt change as much.

update if you put new profile on main monitor but default on another all good.... if you put both calibrated ones this thing happens

Found the issue. Windows 7 viewer doesnt support v4 profiles. You need to create v2 profile for it to work. Might be useful for someone...

Also Windows does not support two 'different' profiles. You should decide which is your 'key' editing monitor and calibrate that as 'perfectly' as you can. Then using the multiple monitor option calibrate the second to look as near the 'key' monitor as possible.

..... else you will be overwriting the first profile with the second. Strangely my wife has exactly the same pair of monitors?

Might be worth checking what Process you are using under 'Calibration' in Lightroom (on Dev panel at bottom). V4, V3 or V2? Is their a relationship?

a calibrator to the best of my knowledge just ballnces the colour , on the display, so depending on the manufacturer and the setup of the monitor , the results will be slightly different

a calibrator to the best of my knowledge just ballnces the colour , on the display, so depending on the manufacturer and the setup of the monitor , the results will be slightly different

Yes and No

A calibrator should allow a monitor to best display colours to whatever standard the calibration is carried out against. This permits the most accurate editing (with respect to colours) with that monitor. Of course poor quality monitors (cheap monitors) often struggle to show even 80% of sRGB much less RGB so you will NOT have a perfect display after calibration but you will have a better chance of more accurate colours. As far 'setup' of the monitor this should be calibrated and then left alone. Otherwise you are defeating the object.... Doh!

Back