Some Abstracts..feel free to add yours!

One from me taken in November 2010.

Abstract.jpg

Can I just ask a question.....re the shots that are blurry....are they 'as taken' or is the effect added afterwards.

All my blurry shots are taken exactly that way in camera. I have a whole series of these photos called "bewegt" (German for moving).

This is the most recent one:

Moving Landscape (view bigger)
(the smaller version was a bit oversharpened by the blog software)

Btw. Susie, I love your photo. Fantastic colours, which create a somber mood and the shapes are very interesting.

Last edited:
Had a mooch around our local yearly travelling fair.... let me no what you think, Dave

I like both a lot but would crop In more on the second one to get rid of the dead black space to the RHS

I'll never go to the fair ground without the camera again after seeing these!

I like both a lot but would crop In more on the second one to get rid of the dead black space to the RHS

I'll never go to the fair ground without the camera again after seeing these!

THanx verry much, nice to try something a bit different once in a while,
Dave :)

I'm going to dig one out that I posted on here a while ago. My excuse is that I love it so much it hangs as a large canvas on my wall.

6983681182_01ae476ca9_c.jpg

All my blurry shots are taken exactly that way in camera. I have a whole series of these photos called "bewegt" (German for moving).

This is the most recent one:

Moving Landscape (view bigger)
(the smaller version was a bit oversharpened by the blog software)

Btw. Susie, I love your photo. Fantastic colours, which create a somber mood and the shapes are very interesting.

That is gorgeous.

Coupla firework shots :)

Sperm Racing? ;)
by vikwaters, on Flickr

More splodgy Fireworks
by vikwaters, on Flickr

I tried to do some like this but failed miserable - could you say. I think the idea is to go from unfocussed to focussed during the shot - but couldn't quite get it to work using the standard lens on my 550D. Did you use a prime lens to make it easier to move from unfocussed to focussed without affecting the zoom?

I tried to do some like this but failed miserable - could you say. I think the idea is to go from unfocussed to focussed during the shot - but couldn't quite get it to work using the standard lens on my 550D. Did you use a prime lens to make it easier to move from unfocussed to focussed without affecting the zoom?
Elines,

I Used a 60d in bulb mode with a tamron 18-270 zoom, but just zoomed in to a point where I thought it would give a good image. then put it on manual focus and took it out of focus and waited for a likely victim. When the rocket goes up you can sort of see it through the blurry haze in the viewfinder and try to be pointing at where it will explode, as it explodes open the shutter and move the focus ring until it becomes sharp, then close the shutter. Normally fireworks tended to be like buses with a whole load coming at once then nothing while people get the next batch ready. I varied the aperture now and then because some fireworks throw off different amounts of light. I hope this helps you, I really am not an expert on this and the images I got were really just 'happy accidents' ;) With more time and a steady supply of fireworks I think you could get good at it, but even these attempts are enough to warm the cockles of my heart :)

This was for a project that I did with my daughter on what feature people most disliked about themselves.

We took a digital photo of that person and then corrupted the digital file by inserting the text of what they disliked about themsleves. The digital file was then converted back to a jpeg and was now corrupted by their dislike. We hoped it would be a kind of Dorian Gray corrupted photo with a hideous face, but sadly resulted mostly in an abstracts such as this.

Corruption
by SteveGam, on Flickr

Wow just caught up with this thread and there are some great examples here.
MattyW your second shot of the water is beautiful!

Here is a recent one of mine:

Untitled
by bifferd, on Flickr

Just seen this thread so thought I'd join in the fun. There are some wonderful images in here.

I might start to think more about abstraction when I'm out and about.

Playtime
by bobslaw, on Flickr

Me?

It's just my living room. Moving the camera around on a 4 second exposure. The thin blue light is the LED from my amplifier. :)

Indeed it is interesting.

I've never thought about the possibilities before but now that I have, having seen this thread, I'm getting lots of ideas. I've just been trying using flash and then moving the camera - hmmm.

Just want to say there are some really good inspirational ideas here. Never considered this style of imagery before and find the examples here really thought provoking. Going to try a few different techniques myself.

Back