Some Abstracts..feel free to add yours!

Did a swimming shoot the other day to add some variety to my sports portfolio, I'll stick some up on the sports section. Attempted some long exposure tumble turn shots and ended up with this, I'm really pleased with the result and might get it printed, hope you like it!

12565049773_51066c2a61_b.jpg

Fiddling around this morning with my 52's entry for the week, I digressed and took a few with a laser pen...I quite liked this one, I put the black frame because it looked better on black in Flickr o_O

12857048635_d696849919_c.jpg

Nice work! What was the theme?

Liking them straws Les! Never quite get the DOF right when I try it!

Thank you Chris - I used a Sigma 105mm Macro lens @ f8

Like that second one les!

And those trees are great Chris, I've briefly tried similar photos in the past but never quite got the desired effect!

Thank you Sam - its a pad of Post it notes shot side on 105mm Macro lens @ f5

Les ;)

I've only just received the update on this thread !

Nice additions there Les.......my eyes keep being drawn to the forks.....something very eye catching about that one.
Smashing trees Chris ...... do you move the camera as you take the shot to get the blurry effect..Sorry to sound a bit naive but I'm still learning,
Yes that's right experiment with shutter speeds of around 1/10 - half a second or there abouts, I start at the base of the tree and pan up wards in a sweeping motion at the point the shutter is released.

Good work again Lez. You probably know, but see top right of the staples, some muck on the sensor? I can't talk, mine is manky!

Nice to see some posts in here...I like the flowers Chris...the focus on the flower in the center draws you in to it.

The first image is a fabulous colour Les...is it a CD with water on it ?

I was doing some mono for my 52's and I caught this reflection in the pond, I thought it fitted in here quite well.

13986723496_62a274e8ba_c.jpg

Nice to see some posts in here...I like the flowers Chris...the focus on the flower in the center draws you in to it.

I was doing some mono for my 52's and I caught this reflection in the pond, I thought it fitted in here quite well.

Yes it is - Thought it looked like a planet

Les

Thanks Susie

Do you have a colour version of your reflection?

Thanks Susie

Do you have a colour version of your reflection?

Yes I do Chris, but its on my other computer....I will put it on at the end of the week, its not so clear, I think the wind caught the water as I took it.
That effect looks interesting David, and I really like the colours again in that one Les.

The wind blew for the colour one and made ripples on the water !!

14068752754_e8b209595f_c.jpg

Last edited:
Yes I do Chris, but its on my other computer....I will put it on at the end of the week, its not so clear, I think the wind caught the water as I took it.
That effect looks interesting David, and I really like the colours again in that one Les.

The wind blew for the colour one and made ripples on the water !!

14068752754_e8b209595f_c.jpg
Prefer the mono! The ripple ruin the colour one

Back