Some black cats and a typhoon.....

Name
Robyn
Edit My Images
No
Some more from Dartmouth Regatta.....

7954Typhoon.jpg

The Eurofighter Typhoon. This thing is only doing 20 displays in this country this year and we've managed to see three of them! This is the clearest shot I've got so far - and ironically this was when it did its initial fly-through at high speed. Those I took once it had slowed down aren't much cop!

7861Blackcats.jpg

The Lynx Helicopter display team the "Black Cats"

7882Lynx.jpg

A single Lynx.

As always all comment welcomed. Thanks for looking!

Great shots. That first one is a cracker, but I'd like to see a little more detail in the shadows underneath. The shadow detail should be recoverable from the RAW file. :)

Great shots. That first one is a cracker, but I'd like to see a little more detail in the shadows underneath. The shadow detail should be recoverable from the RAW file. :)

LOL - if I shot RAW, it probably would!!! I did give it a go at one stage but found that it so seriously decreased the number of shots I could get on a card, and increased my processing time, that on balance and having taken advice I decided to stick with high quality jpegs and only switch to RAW if there was a particular reason for me to do so. Also RSE doesn't support the 30D of course, and my version of Photoshop CS is *ahem* slightly naughty and so I can't update that for the 30d either so far as I know! :crying:

Having said all that, I'm pretty certain that a bit of playing in photoshop would sort out that shadow detail on the underside anyway...... :thinking:

There's nowt wrong with shooting jpegs, I do it sometimes, but you really do need to nail the exposure compared to RAW. Having said that you should recover some detail no probs. (y)

There's nowt wrong with shooting jpegs, I do it sometimes, but you really do need to nail the exposure compared to RAW. Having said that you should recover some detail no probs. (y)

I go through phases of totally guilt-tripping myself over not shooting RAW....then spend some time with the Pro chap I work with at speedway who uses jpegs for speedway stuff and get over it again for a while! :nuts:

Nice collection of shots, love the Typhoon in particular (beautiful aircraft), Lynx shots are very worthy too :)

Quite a lot of reportage type togs, just haven't got time to do the RAW processing.

Good pics there Witch, no1 for me too, great contrast against the blue sky.
I would probably have chosen no2 as my fave, if the sky had been blue in that one but, the grey sky against the grey helicopters kind of kills their impact a little which is a shame.... damn those UK grey skies!

pity about the colour of the sky for the lynx shots but I still really like em

Back