Some BMX photos...

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
Yes
My passion in photography is action. I love stopping movements when they are at their most extended. Here is some of my BMX work...

25909351998_1166e65d9a_b.jpg

24911747107_fc52e3274b_b.jpg

23953144923_68a0479ba2_b.jpg

39071661734_33a9a24fa5_b.jpg

26245141691_06ec9f9831_b.jpg

What a great set of images Craig. The last 2 especially, for me.

These are the sort of action shots I aspire to

Great set of images - they look almost unreal - and I think that is what made me look at them more.
(I am not saying they are unreal - it's that you seem to have captured the moment that moves past so fast).

Those images are great, I really like them all and think youve captured the moment perfectly.

Something I hope to achive when shooting MTB

Thanks for all your nice comments guys. Really appreciated.

Wezza I didn't actually see that until you pointed it out haha!

Thanks Ian. I would love to see your action shots

Meeten yes I do love the unreal look where flash is so prominent in an image. I just love capturing these fast moments in time and believe me I must take quite a few before I get one I'm happy with

Thanks Tom. I would love to see some of your mtb work too

"Cracking" set of images Sir, no fav's as I like all of these very much.(y)

George.

Not popped in this section before. Only did today because the words BMX caught my eye and I had being playing squash today, right next door to the National Cycle centre here in Manchester. There were a BMX event on this morning the place was teaming with people.

Your images look great the last being my pick of the bunch.

Gaz

Awesome pics.
Couple of questions: do you have the flash mounted on camera and pointing straight at the subject?
In photo 2 , you are shooting straight into the sun. Did you struggle with flare or anything in this shot?

Awesome pics.
Couple of questions: do you have the flash mounted on camera and pointing straight at the subject?
In photo 2 , you are shooting straight into the sun. Did you struggle with flare or anything in this shot?

Hi Jason. I used 2 flashes for these shots and try to sandwich the rider with light. I try not to put any of the flashes directly on the focal plane of the camera viewpoint. The easiest way to show this is a behind the scenes shot from 2 weekends ago...

BTS of me shooting Travis at Thame Skatepark by Craig Tull, on Flickr

And this was the final image...

Travis Flair by Craig Tull, on Flickr

As you can see I got a little flare from the actual flash being too close to the edge of my frame but I tend not to get any problems with flare. If I do though I will incorporate it into the final shot. Hope this answers your questions a bit better. Thanks.

Back