Some clear weather at last!

Hi Niall,
2 & 4 are the best for me!
The first is too central, and the mass expanse of plain sky doesn't help. I'd lose it if I'm honest, even if it means losing the moon.
The third is nice, great colours and a nice scene, I wish there was something after the steps however, as the mid ground is a bit empty.
The last doesn't work for me, purely due to the angles and the use of fish eye.

Hi Niall,
2 & 4 are the best for me!
The first is too central, and the mass expanse of plain sky doesn't help. I'd lose it if I'm honest, even if it means losing the moon.
The third is nice, great colours and a nice scene, I wish there was something after the steps however, as the mid ground is a bit empty.
The last doesn't work for me, purely due to the angles and the use of fish eye.

Thanks for the comments :)

I see what you mean now about the third, maybe if i try a lower angle next time to cut out some of the foreground might make for a better image ... noted (y)

I actually like the first one, except for the fact that the stone is so central.....with that in mind, I tried a little copy and paste to see what it would look like on a third and with the moon moved over a little - I hope you don't mind!

guernsey by Fuzzyfelt30, on Flickr

Last edited:
I like the beach and the lighthouse shots best. Is it possible to get an angle on the standing stone that did not include the house in the background which might add to the atmosphere and add some mystery.

#2 is a very nicely composed shot with some great colours and #4 a very good example of a long exposure seashore ... if only #1 didn't have the stone slap bang in the middle it would have been another stunner :)

#2 is a very nicely composed shot with some great colours and #4 a very good example of a long exposure seashore ... if only #1 didn't have the stone slap bang in the middle it would have been another stunner :)

Could possibly do some creative cropping and bring it back!

Perhaps like the version a bit higher up the page?? :);)

just a longish exposure, that was shot at f22, ISO 100, 1sec shutter @ 18mm. just wait for the tide to come in and then as it rolls back out it creates the lines.

cheers all for all the comments :)

thank you. did u use a nd filter also????

Back