Some Cotswold Lavender...

Lovely shots Jeff :)
Keep meaning to get up in the Cotswolds to photograph the lavender but never get round to it.

Sunday - I will try on Sunday. Sunday it is. Not Saturday, Sunday. I will put it in my diary for Sunday.
You just watch it bl@@dy rain on Sunday now!

Very nice indeed Jeff. Really liking that first shot.
Time to get myself off to Castle Farm here in Kent (luckily a ten minute drive from work)
http://hopshop.co.uk/kentish-lavender/lavender-season/
Don't let their website fool you as regards access.....there's a public footpath that runs right through one of the fields :)

Nice shots, I was hoping someone would post a pic, I was planning on visiting next week, but looks like it might have a few more weeks. Apparently you can only visit (Officially) until 1700 hours, but I think I will pop down for sunset and grab a few shots from the road when I do go. Anyone else been down to snowshill? Is it really frowned upon to visit outside the opening hours?

Nice shots, I was hoping someone would post a pic, I was planning on visiting next week, but looks like it might have a few more weeks. Apparently you can only visit (Officially) until 1700 hours, but I think I will pop down for sunset and grab a few shots from the road when I do go. Anyone else been down to snowshill? Is it really frowned upon to visit outside the opening hours?
There isn't anything they can do about you being on public areas, so the roadside and the grass verge before their fence/wall will get you a nice viewpoint. It does look into the setting sun so can be a bad POV if the light levels are high. There are some other nice points fields surrounding the main field with lavender, which again you can see from the roadside.

I got a bit of a telling off for straying slightly off the footpath last year (not into the field I might add) so they do check I think.

Nice set of images Jeff, with #2, being the strongest for me. I also like #5, very much. Really like the OOF backgrounds on these two shots.(y)

George.

Has anyone looked at the high res on flickr - could you tell me if you prefer the processing of the second batch which was done with Photo Ninja, the first set done with Adobe Camera Raw which seems to "mush" green foliage....

I did look at them on Flickr but didn't notice too much TBH. Will have another look later and let you know

OK - had a look.
The first set, the greens are more vivid and in comparison to the second set, they look a bit over saturated.
I think (in my opinion) the second set looks more natural and pleasing on the eye (with the exception of the daisy shot - that looks good :))
Overall I think I agree with your assessment of the greens - set 2 wins - less mushy.

EDIT - is your monitor calibrated?

Last edited:
Back