Some Favourites from 2018

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
No
I haven't made it out nearly as much as I hoped I would this year, but here's a handful of my favourite images from spectator land.

#1 Lovely BMW
BMW M3 Cup by Simon Harrison, on Flickr

#2 Jedi
Jedi by Simon Harrison, on Flickr

#3 Parcel Force
BARC Championship Racing by Simon Harrison, on Flickr

#4 Butcher
Rory Butcher by Simon Harrison, on Flickr

#5 Free practice
Ginetta GT4 by Simon Harrison, on Flickr

#6 ooops!
2018 Jack Frost Stages Rally by Simon Harrison, on Flickr

#7 Wet run
GB Sprint by Simon Harrison, on Flickr

#8 Raptor
MSA British Hillclimb Championship by Simon Harrison, on Flickr

Hope you enjoy them.

Simon.

Love your work Simon, especially 1 and 4 for the colours and composition, and the fact these were all captured with a m4/3 camera, and most of them with the lens I now own, is partly what inspired me to take the plunge myself with the Olly EM1.2.

Lovely set as always Simon, a nice mix of angles and good technique and processing throughout

Thanks Matty :). I had high hopes to get out more frequently in 2018, but life always seemed to get in the way. Hopefully I'll get to a few more events in 2019, and with any luck bump in to you for a catch up.

Love your work Simon, especially 1 and 4 for the colours and composition, and the fact these were all captured with a m4/3 camera, and most of them with the lens I now own, is partly what inspired me to take the plunge myself with the Olly EM1.2.

Cheers Mark, they are very kind words. Micro 4/3 isn't the obvious choice for motorsport, and there are definitely other systems that make it easier, but it really can hold its own in many, many ways. I look forward to seeing more of your work once the season gets going again next year :)

Simon.

Excellent set as always Simon, all pin sharp and nicely processed. Some excellent slow pans in there, and I love #2 as you can see the load going through the car.

Excellent set as always Simon, all pin sharp and nicely processed. Some excellent slow pans in there, and I love #2 as you can see the load going through the car.

Thanks Richard :).

#2 is a favourite of mine too, in no small part because I always enjoy seeing the F1000 cars out on track.

Cheers,

Simon.

Great collection, with the shot from the Jack Frost stages a highlight.

I plan to get to Croft for the first time this year for that meeting. I also see there is a hillclimb meeting near Carnforth, so I will give that a bash too. Maybe I will see you there!

Great collection, with the shot from the Jack Frost stages a highlight.

I plan to get to Croft for the first time this year for that meeting. I also see there is a hillclimb meeting near Carnforth, so I will give that a bash too. Maybe I will see you there!

Thanks :). I should be at Croft for the Jack Frost next month.

Simon.

Simon Harrison, now thats a name I remember from the past :)

Glad to see your still producing fine motorsport photos

I seem to rember spending many a cold day at Croft, you me and Geoff. Do you still see or hear from Geoff.

Peter

Simon Harrison, now thats a name I remember from the past :)

Glad to see your still producing fine motorsport photos

I seem to rember spending many a cold day at Croft, you me and Geoff. Do you still see or hear from Geoff.

Peter

Good to hear from you Peter - hope you're well.

I hear from Geoff more than I see him. I don't think he's doing much (if any) motorsport photography these days.

Cheers,

Simon.

Back