Some from a recent trip, Glencoe, Duncansby, North coast....

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
#1 The couple of days started off with a sunrise in Glencoe, and Buachaille Etive Beag. I also got to test out the new lens properly for the first time :D
Buachaille Etive Beag sunrise by Martin Steele, on Flickr

#2 Then the long drive north....Duncansby Head....taken whilst checking out the lay of the land for sunrise the next mornings...
Duncansby 1 by Martin Steele, on Flickr

#3 A drive west towards Tongue, this is Coldbackie Bay, an amazing place, and I had it all to myself for a couple of hours of relaxations and lunch :)
Coldbackie Bay by Martin Steele, on Flickr

#4 Then a sunrise at Duncansby Stacks with Andrew....second day attempt, the first attempt was a bust.
Duncansby 2 by Martin Steele, on Flickr

#5 A ewe taken in late evening light, with the stacks behind her...
Duncansby sheep 2 by Martin Steele, on Flickr

That 4th shot of the sunrise is just to die for.

The others are good but play second best to such a lovely image.

Cheers mate. The whole trip was planned for that image. When it didn't happen the first morning, I thought it was gonna be a bust, but luckily the haar cleared overnight and I got it the second (and last!) morning. Everything else is just a bonus :)

Reactions: ST4
Cheers mate. The whole trip was planned for that image. When it didn't happen the first morning, I thought it was gonna be a bust, but luckily the haar cleared overnight and I got it the second (and last!) morning. Everything else is just a bonus :)

Patience pays. You've had a great time and taken home a really great image. All in all a success mate. I'd be happy to call that image mine.

The first and third are really nice images, not keen on what you have tired to do PP wise to the second but appreciate it was a filler shot, and the 4th is the pick of the bunch, great light with the bonus of the moon which is why I am guessing you were at that angle.

The first and third are really nice images, not keen on what you have tired to do PP wise to the second but appreciate it was a filler shot, and the 4th is the pick of the bunch, great light with the bonus of the moon which is why I am guessing you were at that angle.

I actually agree on the PP of #2 now I've sat on it for a bit. It doesn't look right in a straight mono, but anyhow, yeah. I need to look at that one again now I've slept.

The angle of #4 was so I didn't cut the wee stack out of the image. I have other compositions to look at yet, although one thing bugs me with it, is that I haven't left space between the far stack and headland. I have in other compositions, but lost the wee stack.

Plenty to look at for sure :)

Patience pays. You've had a great time and taken home a really great image. All in all a success mate. I'd be happy to call that image mine.

Thank you mate :)

Love the soft feel of that third one mate nice to see something a bit different, has to be my favourite one of these (y)

Cheers Stu, that third one is one of my favourites from the trip (after the Duncansby sunrise). I had the place to myself for hours, just sitting, watching the world go by, with no pressure to get a shot. :)

I actually agree on the PP of #2 now I've sat on it for a bit. It doesn't look right in a straight mono, but anyhow, yeah. I need to look at that one again now I've slept.

The angle of #4 was so I didn't cut the wee stack out of the image. I have other compositions to look at yet, although one thing bugs me with it, is that I haven't left space between the far stack and headland. I have in other compositions, but lost the wee stack.

Plenty to look at for sure :)

Thank you mate :)

I think the natural thing for me with 4 is that I would have shot with a slightly higher horizon and included more space beneath the first stack and showed off more of the lit cliff face to the right. But I assumed you want the moon which is cool. It's a lovely shot.

I think the natural thing for me with 4 is that I would have shot with a slightly higher horizon and included more space beneath the first stack and showed off more of the lit cliff face to the right. But I assumed you want the moon which is cool. It's a lovely shot.

There wasn't much more to be had below the front stack tbh, not without hanging off the edge of the cliff....which isn't my thing haha! :)

HAAR! it was 100% cloud cover the first day with an extra layer for good measure! Good banter though and delighted you got that shot.
Great timing to go down the road on Sat as Sun was a pea-souper.

HAAR! it was 100% cloud cover the first day with an extra layer for good measure! Good banter though and delighted you got that shot.
Great timing to go down the road on Sat as Sun was a pea-souper.

Haar rolled in about 9.45pm when I left on Friday night....couldn't even see Stroma when I left. Friday morning was deffo cloud cover lol!!

Back