1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Don't forget to change the clocks on your camera equipment!

Dismiss Notice
  3. It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of a long-standing member, Just Dave.

Dave Barker was a member of Talk Photography for nearly 10 years, and was a prominent member for most of those.
    A very warm, friendly and enthusiastic member, he spent the largest portion of his time on TP welcoming and helping others.

I'm sure all visitors to this site will join us in thanking Dave for his unwavering support and being a large part of our community.
    Our thoughts are with his family and friends at such a difficult time.

Click here to join in the discussion

Dismiss Notice
  1. Andy Johnson

Andy Johnson

Name:
    Andrew
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
  2. Kodiak Qc

Kodiak Qc

Name:
    French Canadian living in Europe since 1989!
    Edit My Images:
    Yes

Your "girl" is beautiful but I don't wanna wake
    up ever beside someone looking so terrifying! :cool:

Andy Johnson likes this.
  3. ChrisA

ChrisA

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Oh that's a really nice set Andy. The beefly in flight on the MPE is amazing.

Andy Johnson likes this.
  4. Graham

Graham

Name:
    Graham
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Can't complain about these shots, all fantastic as it goes.
    Beefly gets my vote

Andy Johnson likes this.
  5. Andy Johnson

Andy Johnson

Name:
    Andrew
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I have a colony of several thousands of these living on our landing. Last week on my way to bed discovered that there was a mass escape. My wife wouldn't let me go to bed until every one was back in the nest......... " Right dear, that's the last one" lol,,,still finding them wandering around and they bite hard..

This one was very keen on gettings its nector so wasn't to bothered by me though i had the camera set to continuous
    shooting

Thanks Graham,, looking for a B&B for this years hols where you are if you have any ideas :)

Graham likes this.
  6. Graham

Graham

Name:
    Graham
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Hahaha, oops

7. Tintin124

Tintin124

Name:
    Bryn
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    These images compared to the first ones I looked at this year are 1 million times better... now using MPE.... how are you lighting?

Beefly is great only nit pick is the DOF is not enough to pull in very front of eye. but to capture one that close is amazing (y)

Andy Johnson likes this.
  8. Andy Johnson

Andy Johnson

Name:
    Andrew
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thanks Bryn, as i broke my speed light i am still using my Yongnuo ring flash and un diffused. Shameful i know but am in the dog house with her indoors and can't sneak in a twin flash yet lol. I need some more brownie points. This weekend i was going to spend some time looking into diffusion again but sadly iv'e had some bad family news and photography will be on hold for a while :(

Tintin124 likes this.
  9. Ajophotog

Ajophotog He's macroscopic !

Name:
    Alby
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Stunning set and that ant...wow.

Andy Johnson likes this.