Some from Leuchars Air Display today

Edit My Images
Yes
Sat up in a field back from the base directly in line with the runway, so got a few closeups as they came in, first attempt at this type of photography so a bit hit and miss. All taken with Canon 350D and Sigma 100-300 F4 APO.

The "City of Lincoln" Lancaster Bomber taken by my daughter's boyfriend - uncropped !

94115264-L.jpg

Tornado

94114043-L.jpg

Unknown - now been informed it's an F16

94115474-L.jpg

More can be seen here on my smugmug page : - http://mikeyb.smugmug.com/gallery/1871442

Thanks,

Mike.

very nice ! that lanc looks a little close ! lol

Unknown is an F16 by the way, possibly czech airforce not sure with the emblems though ! :)
Hi Ian,

Yeah we were very close to that one prob only a couple of hundred feet or so, Thought the other was an F something but wasn't sure, so F16 is probably right, it was certainly the most versatile looking thing there apart from the Harrier, the pilot was throwing it all over the place and pulling off some pretty tight moves.

Glad you like them.

Mike.

Some nice shots there I especially like the one of the tornado on the bombing run that one is very good.

You have some crackers on smugmug mikey, did you get a shot of the nimrod flyby at all?

These are great Mike.

I was going to attend but couldn't be bothered with the traffic hassle and didn't have a suitable lens.

I noticed a few of the guys at POTN who had a meet up (but couldn't find each other :LOL: ) were a little dissapointed with their shots, apparently due to the sun being behind the display.

Looks like you got a good spot.

I was there!

Its a dutch F16.

I spent the day with another POTN member, and met up with one person temporarily. I did have some interesting chats with other photographers, including 2 POTN members who didn't know about the meet.

Looks like you got a great vantage point to view the aircraft from - that Lancaster shot looks like it wasnt possible to get any closer (safely;)).

Like the Tornado shot aswell (y)

Back