Some from Normandy during the 75th Anniversary...

Name
Kell
Edit My Images
Yes
First off, I'll start by saying this is a mixed bag. Vehicles, planes, flowers, landscapes. Not too many people, but I wished I had the balls to do more of that - as some people looked amazing. A lot of the French had really gone to town as were dressed up in English and American uniforms (mostly American, TBH, wa-a-a-ay cooler).

Second, what a humbling experience. We went over with some good friends to visit the graves of relatives who fought and died in France. One was 19 and one was 24.

One of the guys we went with did loads of research into the battles that ultimately killed their relatives, and in one case we heard how they fought valiantly, non-stop, for over 36 hours. I cannot even begin to imagine that.

Finally, the more observant will see that for some strange reason, some of the first shots I had, the camera was up at 1600ISO. My fault, and by the time I realised, it was too late. Don't know what I was doing there.

IMG_6677 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_6679 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_6683 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_6708-2 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_6715 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_6716 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_6732 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_6735 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

The other thing to note is that I was going to take two cameras, but ended up taking just one. Because of that, I left my mid-range lens attached to the one I didn't take. SO I had a 10-22 and a 70-300 and nothing in-between.

IMG_6744 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_6746 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_6753 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_6763 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_6768 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_6784 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_6790 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_6798 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Great shots, loving the shots of the tanks best, but all superb :)

A terrific set of images. I love the monochrome processing :)

Back