Some from Work and the Commute

Name
Mark Littlejohn
Edit My Images
No
That's a stunning set there.

The last one is just superb

Very good, 3 and 4 are the picks for me. It's not the typical commute is it :)

Last edited:
Those are all stunning images and more like Fine Art to my eyes. Bluddy good.

Ripples. Excellent. Very excellent. Though...crop out the contrail which is a bit distracting from the brilliance of the rest of it?

Thank you but nope. It's there. Contrails annoy me but they are a fact of life. One of those things. If I was doing something with it I would likely go to a square crop even though I prefer a 6:5 but I'm not likely to do anything with it. Just a memory of a lovely day at work.

Always jealous of your commute to work images. That last one is a beauty amongst this set.

A great set of images, I do like the pattern in the water of the last one.

Starting my seventh year on the Ullswater Steamers and still finding new stuff to do as well as keeping on photographing the same old things again and again.

These are a few from the last couple of weeks on the way in to work and the start of the journey on the first boat.

[

Dark Light by Mark Littlejohn, on Flickr

The Railway House by Mark Littlejohn, on Flickr

Glencoyne by Mark Littlejohn, on Flickr

Cold Start by Mark Littlejohn, on Flickr

Ripples by Mark Littlejohn, on Flickr
:)
never looked like that when i was up there
most photogenic...
cheers
geof

Ripples. Excellent. Very excellent. Though...crop out the contrail which is a bit distracting from the brilliance of the rest of it?

Changed my mind. I like it enough to add to my Ullswater stuff which will hopefully become a book. Cropped to square and tidied it. You were right and I was wrong.

Lovely work Mark

2 looks very interesting and well balanced. White balance may need revisiting though - a bit too green? And a tad too warm or was it golden hour? Still too green.

3. Very well composed and balanced.

4. I think this works too.

5. Needs re-editing personally. Sky can be safely cropped to below the chemtrail and the smaller one edited out. The ripples needs LOADS more contrast and brightness as that is what the image is all about.

1. Doesn't work for me at all. It looks plain miserable to be honest.

2 looks very interesting and well balanced. White balance may need revisiting though - a bit too green? And a tad too warm or was it golden hour? Still too green.

3. Very well composed and balanced.

4. I think this works too.

5. Needs re-editing personally. Sky can be safely cropped to below the chemtrail and the smaller one edited out. The ripples needs LOADS more contrast and brightness as that is what the image is all about.

1. Doesn't work for me at all. It looks plain miserable to be honest.

Agree with a lot of this actually.

Just to add though Mark I think 3 and 4 are excellent and of the highest standard.

All just beautiful and so tranquil.

I have a photo which I'd called Ripples that I took in Scotland from a boat with very similar interference patterns on glassy water. That might have been the only similarity though :)

Back