Some informal shots

I like the shots (y), though Candid would be the wrong word used for these: If you look at what Candid actually means its this:
(of a photograph of a person) taken informally, especially without the subject's knowledge.

I'd say in all of these, they all knew you were taking the photograph. Still like them though (y) Processing seems to be different in each of them though, 1st image looks quite high contrast, deep blacks, then its a little less on the 2nd and by the 3rd image, it looks "flat". Stick to one processing technique (unless you're asking for a viewers-preference) in which case, I like the 1st image processing compared to the others.

Ha ha, yeah maybe not so candid although the last one didn't know. Perhaps informal would have been better though. There is actually no processing done to any of them. I think I may have just switched to a different setting on the camera. Still getting used to the settings on my E-M1

Andy, this is what I see:
#1 good rendition but needs straightening and a tad of highlights recovery
#2 the sweetest take! …too bad there is not more eyes to see along with the shy smile!
#3 to get a good conversion, one must start with the right colours. So, either the WB and
/ or the DRL were not set properly prior to conversion as the tonal range is rather flat.

Andy, this is what I see:
#1 good rendition but needs straightening and a tad of highlights recovery
#2 the sweetest take! …too bad there is not more eyes to see along with the shy smile!
#3 to get a good conversion, one must start with the right colours. So, either the WB and
/ or the DRL were not set properly prior to conversion as the tonal range is rather flat.
Cheers for the comments. I'm pretty sure the first one is straight but the perspective is throwing off the fence and there's a bank too. I had the curves set in camera for the first 2 but I switched mode for no. 3. The light was getting tricky too so I guess the WB may have been playing about. The conversion was done on capture. I need to make sure to pay better attention if I'm going to get it right in camera.

Back