Some local images (Glencoe) from the last couple of weeks

SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Picked a very still day for these and even then I needed a few exposures to get a complete static set of grasses (on the embankment). I used a long exposure to smooth out any slight ripples in the river so only the calmest of moments gave me the chance to get everything (and I mean everything ) in the frame completely static.

_DSC4257 - Version 2 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

We skip straight to sunset as the light just faded in the final hour before breaking through to give this wonderful display of light - shame the clouds buggered off behind the Buachaille but hey ho...I had high hopes for the clouds in the above frame with some low evening light breaking through - never happened. Meh.

_DSC4315 - Version 2 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

The following week I was back and this time at Lochan Na Fola - the shots cropped this awkward way to hide a fair few grasses cutting into the frame edge at the bottom. Normally I don't miss stuff like this but ah well. Square it has to be and I quite like it anyway as the light really only fell in this part of the frame anyway.

_DSC4364 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

The final shot is also a square from the sunset - not a sunset/sunrise guy really preferring the light itself that comes around that but the cloud shifted away from the above angle so there was nothing for it. Square crop to hide some severely blurred grasses from a slight puff of wind. Stuff like that sends my OCD meter to 11 - so cropped - too big to clone and it was Gods will they moved. These are all totally sharp as they didn't move during the exposure. It'll be fine for instagram which uses a square format anyway.

_DSC4389 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Back