Some Macro shots

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Not great subjects to shoot but I just wanted to try out the new lens.( No cropping, just resized for web use)
looking forward to doing some serious stuff with this lens tomorrow, weather permitting:)
A big thank you to Paul (GrumpyBadger) for facilitating my purchase of this lens(y)
Now to get out my big book of macro photography:)
Macro001.jpg

Macro002.jpg

Macro003.jpg

Bit more DOF needed in the last one. F4 doesnt give you a very wide field of focus.
The penny isnt quite in full focus from front to back.
The screw is excellent and easier because it runs along a plane with the camera from left to right....(ish!)

Cheers Janice, I am just reading up on techniques for macro work, apparantly the coins should have been taken with the camera parallel to the plane of the subject, another lesson learned.:)

Cheers Janice, I am just reading up on techniques for macro work, apparantly the coins should have been taken with the camera parallel to the plane of the subject, another lesson learned.:)

Keep at it. It IS difficult. Even the flower shot which is parallel, has that stamen sticking out further towards you which means you would need a smaller aperture to get that included in the dof. :)

I shall be keeping an eye on your progress! (y)

Back