Some More Butterflies

Transported into a different world viewing these. The nature purists may not like them, but Neil showing why he is one of the best photographers in the country with this set.

… just more jewels in the box! (y)(y)(y)

bS46gWX5.jpg-large.jpeg Zhh5bnYn.jpg ua7PPSMM.jpg jT0_XOXj.jpg

Really lovely!
Thanks Danny

Transported into a different world viewing these. The nature purists may not like them, but Neil showing why he is one of the best photographers in the country with this set.
Thanks, Craig, think you are going a little OTT on your praise tho. As for nature purists not liking them, I'm not sure why they wouldn't, these are pretty much all in camera shots with minimal processing, just shooting roosting butterflies or early flight ones through foliage or with foliage behind the subject using a very shallow DoF. I generally take about 300 images per session and maybe get a handful where they work, I've attached a few examples of the back of cam shots.

… just more jewels in the box! (y)(y)(y)
Thanks Daniel

Wonderful stuff Neil, very artistic! :)
Thanks Si

Attachments

• LGzg8Sra.jpg-large.jpeg
    LGzg8Sra.jpg-large.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 7
These are wonderful Neil, and as a nature purist, they're all readily identifiable to species so that's that box ticked!

Personally, I find as soon as I point my camera at an insect on a long, slender stem, a breeze comes out of nowhere!

Dave

These are wonderful Neil, and as a nature purist, they're all readily identifiable to species so that's that box ticked!

Personally, I find as soon as I point my camera at an insect on a long, slender stem, a breeze comes out of nowhere!

Dave
The wind is getting up here now Dave so don't think shots like these will be possible for a while. Thanks for the comment Dave

Praise where praise is due Neil, these are beautiful.
Great captures and the DoF really emphasises the subject.
I'm really liking the negative space too.
If there's a positive reason to get my new Macro lens....
I'm hoping these will help me run the theory past OC Domestic & Finance!

These are beautiful - they have a real ethereal quality. I particularly love #3.

Praise where praise is due Neil, these are beautiful.
Great captures and the DoF really emphasises the subject.
I'm really liking the negative space too.
If there's a positive reason to get my new Macro lens....
I'm hoping these will help me run the theory past OC Domestic & Finance!

Wonder shots! - Love the yellow and blurred out bluebells.

These are beautiful - they have a real ethereal quality. I particularly love #3.
Thanks for all the kind comments, much appreciated :)

Very nice, do you take these early in the day or just anytime? I find it hard to get butterflies to stay still for long enough.

Love these - you are inspiring me to get out there and try taking some myself :)

Very nice, do you take these early in the day or just anytime? I find it hard to get butterflies to stay still for long enough.
Thanks David, I usually watch where they rest in the evening and go back in the morning to shoot.

Love these - you are inspiring me to get out there and try taking some myself :)
Thanks Brian

Me too! Albeit nothing of anywhere near this quality so far!
Thanks Si

Back