Some more mono landscapes

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
Last one is a winner for me, I would try and rework the lights/darks to try bring out a bit more depth on the 1st one.
Maybe more contrast to the middle of the shot, down in the Vally.
PS, Your flickr photos are downloadable by anyone.

Last edited:
1st and last Alf are the standouts for me. Love the ethereal look in the last one.

Love the first one, that shadow of the mountain really gives a great sense of scale which the mono seems to help with.

#1 is great, really like the way the foreground rock echos the mountains. The last one would benefit from a dark frame I think, it looks better against the dark background on flickr

1st and last wrok well. I might crop a few pixels off the far left of the Buttermere shot as you have a small bit of tree against the frame edge

Thanks Steve
I though I had got those bits of tree obviously not

Last one is a winner for me, I would try and rework the lights/darks to try bring out a bit more depth on the 1st one.
Maybe more contrast to the middle of the shot, down in the Vally.
PS, Your flickr photos are downloadable by anyone.

Thanks Graham
I did consider that sort of contrats increase Graham but stuck with this one.
It was not set to anyone but people following me for a specific reason but back to just me for now again

1st and last Alf are the standouts for me. Love the ethereal look in the last one.

Thanks Steve

Love the first one, that shadow of the mountain really gives a great sense of scale which the mono seems to help with.

Thanks Craig

#1 is great, really like the way the foreground rock echos the mountains. The last one would benefit from a dark frame I think, it looks better against the dark background on flickr

Thanks Chris
I dont do frames but I see what you mean with an image like that

Lots to like in all of those.

Thanks Scott

I'm going to take a contrary view with regard to #1. That's one of the most gorgeous views in the entire Lake District, in my opinion, but you've stuck a big ugly rock in the way of it. And it's acting as a barrier. I'd love to walk into that landscape but the rock is barring my way. That's a real turn-off. Sorry.

They are all great.

Thanks Prisoner

Last one for me - very nice :)

Thanks dave

I'm going to take a contrary view with regard to #1. That's one of the most gorgeous views in the entire Lake District, in my opinion, but you've stuck a big ugly rock in the way of it. And it's acting as a barrier. I'd love to walk into that landscape but the rock is barring my way. That's a real turn-off. Sorry.

Well Stewart I am sorry for spoiling the view for you.
Though I would say that a few steps forward from here would lead to a rapid decent.

Last edited:
That's OK. We can agree to disagree. The world would be a dull place if everybody's tastes were identical.

(Though the whole idea of a "rock in the foreground" is the work of Satan.)

Though I would say that a few steps forward from here would lead to a rapid decent.
Indeed. You'll need to use a much faster shutter speed to get a sharp image as you're plummeting.

Thanks Prisoner

Thanks dave

I get his comment. I might have tried getting the tripod onto the rock - lean forward a bit to go minus foreground. That said - the rock doesn't overly bother me but I think had I been there I might seeked a way to avoid framing it.

Back