Some NYC Snaps

Edit My Images
Yes
I moved from London to New York just over a year ago - with the comotion of the move, amongst other things, I didn't really get my camera out for the first several months. I've finally got back in the habit of carrying a camera over the past couple of months, and thought I'd share some of my results...

x by thegilluk, on Flickr

2016-04-18 06.25.17 1 by thegilluk, on Flickr

2016-03-23 02.55.03 2 by thegilluk, on Flickr

2016-03-23 03.03.51 2 by thegilluk, on Flickr

2016-03-25 04.27.43 3 by thegilluk, on Flickr

2016-04-03 04.00.35 1 by thegilluk, on Flickr

2016-04-16 12.52.34 1 by thegilluk, on Flickr

thanks for looking!!

except for the second shot , I would crop top of the picture a little, their great
I really like the second cable-car shot. I like the washed-out tone it has.
So agree

I like the balloon man image. Great shallow DoF. I really need to work on getting that kind of shot right!

4 and 6 really do it for me. Are they straight from camera or edited?

I like the balloon man image. Great shallow DoF. I really need to work on getting that kind of shot right!

thanks WF - that's off my 50mm f1.4 - I've accidentally stripped the EXIF from the file but I think that's wide open, using AI Servo

4 and 6 really do it for me. Are they straight from camera or edited?

Thanks McPikie. These are edited-lite... I've transferred to my phone using wifi and applied some film emulation (which I know divides opinions) and minor tweeks in VSCO Cam

thanks for your comments mrbarker, phil, carl.

Carl, you'll love it here. The weather finally seems to be improving, so you've picked your time well

Back