Some of my early attempts...

Betty

BrideZilla!!!
Edit My Images
No
As title :)

These were taken about 6 months ago when I really started getting into photography, obviously they arent the best shots in the world, but I would like to look back on these in a few years and compare my work, just to see how Ive progressed :)

Well, thought I would share :)

Pink straw in Blue VK
RIMG0115.jpg

Wedding flower
RIMG0085.jpg

Gizzy Cat
RIMG0031.jpg

Candles
RIMG00092.jpg

Tulip
DSCF0952.jpg

Some more...

Orange flower
IMG_1351.jpg

Link
IMG_1464.jpg

Feather
024.jpg

Broken glass
083.jpg

Spider
DSCF0329.jpg

Thanks kingborris! Shame it was my dads conservatory door though :LOL:

some lovely shots there :) really like the first three! if it was mine I might be tempted to try a different crop on the first one, maybe just the straw in the drink, with the bubble at the top making the top of the shot (IE cut out the straw sticking out of the drink at the top)

Really like the broken glass shot too :D (y)

Thanks kingborris! Shame it was my dads conservatory door though :LOL:

ouch!

might be an interesting abstract shot with a uniform dark background behind it (but OOF, like the garden is at present)

And i agree with Jimmy re: the first one. I'd crop either to the line of bubbles or just below it

What the hell is that spider?!?! :eek::exit:

Hehe, that spider was sitting in the sun on this... the runway light at EMA :)

DSCF0327.jpg

And his leg span is no bigger than a 5p piece. Dont you think he's cute? :LOL:

5p? That photo makes him look like something out of a holywood horror movie. Ofcourse i could just be a big wuss?:thinking:

Love the broken glass, it makes me want to go and smash something so I can take some photos of it :LOL:

pretty cool. and yes glass works very well!

just ordered some marco lenses for my cam cant wait to play with them!

wedding flower and cats nose for me

Thanks dod, does it not bother you having the shadow in the wedding flower pic though? Ive been pulled up on that ;)

It's the bubbles on the straw for me, followed very closely by the glass. some really excellent pics there! and how cute is that pink nose! :D

Thanks dod, does it not bother you having the shadow in the wedding flower pic though? Ive been pulled up on that ;)

To be honest no, I think if anything the shadows make it. I tend not to really study images, I just go by my first instincts on whether I like something and I like that a lot.

I suppose my judgement process goes along the lines of:

a) does it catch my eye?
b) is it sharp, or as sharp as it's supposed to be?
c) any other technical crap. ;)

Just my own opinion but I do sometimes think we worry way too much about the technicalities of an image. I know I've been stopped many times by my wife from binning an image because of some imperfection, only to be told that from a none photographers viewpoint it's fine :shrug:

Another vote for the glass shot, super effect, have you tried inverting it? bet it look cool inverted.

Back