Some people are so annoying.

nilagin

Daniel-san
Suspended / Banned
Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
Well one person in particular. We have a bloke at work who has the the ability to get under your skin with everything he does. He's nosey to the point he has to know everything that is going on, what people are talking about. He walks up behind people when on the shared computer and reads over peoples shoulders regardless of whether it might be private or not. He did this to me yesterday when I was sending an email, I could see his reflection in the screen. It really p'd me off. He always butts in on peoples conversations having walked up halfway through and comes out with "What's that then" if he can't work out what we are talking about and invariably says something totally out of context to the conversation as he has got the wrong end of the stick. Or he'll manage to come up with an idea which is a repeat of something someone else has just said whilst he was standing there.
His wife has to ring him up more than once on the internal phone at work, same times every day, one of which will be at tea break when it's nice to enjoy the quiet as we work in a noisy press shop. He refuses to answer it letting it ring for ages until she gives up, then she rings him on his mobile which he has in his pocket (wtf).
Then their are his eating habits. He smacks his lips with every bite, takes great delight in letting us know what delights his wife has packed for him for lunch, or if he has a bowl of weetabix or soup he chops at the china bowl with his spoon. In the case of the soup he pours it into the bowl to heat up in the microwave but then spends a couple of minutes draging the spoon up the inside of the ribbing of the soup tin, trying to ensure he gets every last drop.
If he has a meal from the canteen which could be exactly the same as that for someone else, his is "handsome" and it would appear so much better than anybody elses meal. Never yet worked out why he always manages to get the best one or why it is better than anyone elses.
Then we have his inane ramblings from what I can only assume to be a limited vocabluary. For no reason and to no-one in particular he will say, "Well it is." "It's all good." "You know it makes sense"..........
Well what is? What's all good? No it doesn't make sense, you don't make sense.
He starts giggling and chuckling at his own remarks when they aren't remotely funny.
He has to join in on Ken Bruces Pop quiz on Radio 2, which a couple of workmates and I like to listen to when we remember. He never gets any questions right and his answers are very random to say the least. When we do The Sun crossword, the words he comes up with are invariably wrong or just totally made up.
He does minicabing at night on weekends yet has a couple of hours sleep from around 04:30 Sunday morning then comes into work for overtime (optional) looking like death warmed up and proceeds to moan that a couple of hours sleep isn't enough for his body to recuperate.
Well ***!!!!!!!! :bang: :wacky:
He always seems to forget his clock card on a Friday late shift so the foreman has to sign him in and out, then he can slip off early to grab those extra few fares on a Friday evening. Our foreman is usually quite lenient and helpful but this bloke tends to over do it with the liberties he takes.
I've managed not to work in the same area as him all week but he has still managed to annoy me.
I'm so glad work is finished now until Monday. We live in hope he has a day or two off sick, it's like having extra holiday whilst being at work. If we have time off the same time as him it is a day wasted.

Sorry for the rant. Time to breathe and relax and enjoy a weekend.

Sounds like a great candidate for a practical joke:D

Maybe something here:D

Last edited:
well , whatever you do , dont lose your job over him (y) , sounds like a right arse and a :wacky:

Sounds like a great candidate for a practical joke:D

Maybe something here:D

Oh don't worry he has been the target of a few practical jokes. He likes to play the odd joke or take the p out of people but doesn't really appreciate the same done to him.
His problem is due to paranoia down to a mispent youth and too many drugs.
He tends to think everything is about him and everything is a competition. If things don't go his way, he sees it as everyone elses fault. He once walked out of work because we'd had enough of him and were chosing to ignore him. He saw it as we were to blame as we were picking on him.
He once went ballistic at me, all because I was busy and didn't have time to talk to him. He got a bit of a sulk on today as the only other person working near him today had had enough of him and was doing his best to ignore him.
Another time, a few years ago he went mad at a mate and myself all because he saw us laughing and in his paranoia thought we were laughing at him. He'd had a phone call from his wife and he couldn't work late that day. We knew nothing of this at the time, but he didn't see it like that and offered to smash our heads together. Nice bloke.
To us he's known as the Devil Spawn, Spawn of the Devil, Triple sixer, Schizoid embolism, Giggling idiot.
People in other areas think he's an idiot too. One young lady who must be 10 yrs younger than him talks to him like he's a little child, funny thing is he doen't even realise it.:LOL:

just be careful that anything you do does not rebound on you , i have seen it happen :thumbsdown:

just be careful that anything you do does not rebound on you , i have seen it happen :thumbsdown:
We generally have little to do with him, even though we have to work with him or near him. We try to leave him to his own little world, even though he doesn't always seem to be happy in it.
The rest of us are capable of working in a team, I don't deny, the rest of us will have a disagreement, although not big time, but he very rarely fits in.
A colleague who retired last year once said to him, "There's no I in team and you're not in it either." His face was a picture.
Another colleague retired a couple of weeks ago. He was on nights for his last week, didn't want a leaving presentation but walked around saying his goodbyes before he went home. We didn't get to see him before he went and now the idiot calls him all the names under the sun just because he never said goodbye to him and he can't understand why my mate is talking about going to see him as they live local to each other.

I think you're doing the right thing by simply ignoring him, and if all your other workmates can do the same, better still. For people who want to be the centre of attention all the time, there is nothing worse than being ignored. I would think there are probably a number of workplaces who'll have at least one idiot like that, but I must admit, this guy at your place does sound like he's not a full shilling.

I think you're doing the right thing by simply ignoring him, and if all your other workmates can do the same, better still. For people who want to be the centre of attention all the time, there is nothing worse than being ignored. I would think there are probably a number of workplaces who'll have at least one idiot like that, but I must admit, this guy at your place does sound like he's not a full shilling.
If other people should encounter someone half as bad, then they have my deepest sympathies.
Ignoring this bloke, which we know winds him up, is almost as enjoyable as the days he's not there.

Someone loves him:)
His 1st wife was glad to see the back of him, she suffered from bad depression whilst with him, yet after she made a miraculous recovery.:thinking:
His second wife, well she can hardly see him as she seems to be at work when he isn't plus with his cabbing at weekends, I don't think she gets to see enough of him to get fed up with him.
That said he does have the ability to annoy us having just clapped eyes on him.
He's so competitive, I doubt his kids have ever won a game against him.
He's always looking for a pat on the back, he must have had so many put downs as a child.
We reckon his current wife (married last year but been together several years) is getting him to do the house up for her etc. just the way she wants it then she'll give him the boot. Then he'll give her the house to avoid paying child support like he did with his first wife. She only lets him spend money on expensive things for herself, nothing that could go to waste or couldn't be sold at a later date.

I do remember many years ago a pal of mine telling me of a guy who'd just started working in his department on the shopfloor, and he was full of himself and very arrogant. Apparently he used to play golf on occasion with one of the managers, and thought he was more superior than his work colleagues. As it happens, there were a few already working in the same department who regularly played golf together, and the way they dealt with him was not to invite him to join them. He was sent to Coventry, as it were, and this really wound him up to the point where he ended up leaving after a year or so.

Last edited:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I just had to check your location. Until you got to the bit about mini-cabbing I thought you were talking about somebody that I work with.

Absolutely terrifying thought that he might have a clone out there . . . honestly, he's the most disliked bloke in the office. errrrrrrmmmmm in fact in any office that I've ever worked in actually.

Re the annoying comments etc, try using them back to him. We have a couple of chaps at work - one in particular (who is known as "Jellyfish" - incapable of making a decision!) used to regularly end conversations by saying "Jolly good!" in a sort of gung-ho jolly hockey sticks type of way...it got on everyones wick, so in the end I started ending conversations with him in the same way - before he could get his in. Of course, he knew what was going on, but couldn't exactly claim I was being rude or anything as it was just something he said himself too! Needless to say, I can't remember the last time I heard him say it now! Then there was the senior Manager in one of our departments who had the habit of ringing up and without a hello, how are you, or anything, demanding that people did things for him. Until the time when, having rapped off a "Do this now!" type demand to me, I told him that I thought he might have forgotten a certain little word.....! He has never, since then, failed to say his pleases and thank you's when talking to me, or indeed anyone else. Every now and again someone muses on what made Brian change so much, and I have a little grin to myself!

You have just described someone I had the misfortune to work with at one time in my life. It was an office environment and most offices were occupied by one or two people - with one larger office with about 18 bods in it - including him. He used to wander around for most of the day away from his own desk and work, with a clip board in hand and sticking his nose into everyone's business. But not in a nasty way, he was quite a cheerful chap in his own way. Just a bloody nuisance. The smaller offices would usually have open doors and people did simply walk in when then needed to discuss work matters. We started closing doors. That didn't stop him. I then put a sign on my office door to the effect that, if closed, we were not to be disturbed. Did that deter him, nope!

But to make things many times worse. He suffered from acute halitosis :(

Well one person in particular. We have a bloke at work who has the the ability to get under your skin with everything he does. He's nosey to the point he has to know everything that is going on, what people are talking about. He walks up behind people when on the shared computer and reads over peoples shoulders regardless of whether it might be private or not. He did this to me yesterday when I was sending an email, I could see his reflection in the screen. It really p'd me off. He always butts in on peoples conversations having walked up halfway through and comes out with "What's that then" if he can't work out what we are talking about and invariably says something totally out of context to the conversation as he has got the wrong end of the stick. Or he'll manage to come up with an idea which is a repeat of something someone else has just said whilst he was standing there.
His wife has to ring him up more than once on the internal phone at work, same times every day, one of which will be at tea break when it's nice to enjoy the quiet as we work in a noisy press shop. He refuses to answer it letting it ring for ages until she gives up, then she rings him on his mobile which he has in his pocket (wtf).
Then their are his eating habits. He smacks his lips with every bite, takes great delight in letting us know what delights his wife has packed for him for lunch, or if he has a bowl of weetabix or soup he chops at the china bowl with his spoon. In the case of the soup he pours it into the bowl to heat up in the microwave but then spends a couple of minutes draging the spoon up the inside of the ribbing of the soup tin, trying to ensure he gets every last drop.
If he has a meal from the canteen which could be exactly the same as that for someone else, his is "handsome" and it would appear so much better than anybody elses meal. Never yet worked out why he always manages to get the best one or why it is better than anyone elses.
Then we have his inane ramblings from what I can only assume to be a limited vocabluary. For no reason and to no-one in particular he will say, "Well it is." "It's all good." "You know it makes sense"..........
He starts giggling and chuckling at his own remarks when they aren't remotely funny.
He has to join in on Ken Bruces Pop quiz on Radio 2, which a couple of workmates and I like to listen to when we remember. He never gets any questions right and his answers are very random to say the least. When we do The Sun crossword, the words he comes up with are invariably wrong or just totally made up.
He does minicabing at night on weekends yet has a couple of hours sleep from around 04:30 Sunday morning then comes into work for overtime (optional) looking like death warmed up and proceeds to moan that a couple of hours sleep isn't enough for his body to recuperate.
He always seems to forget his clock card on a Friday late shift so the foreman has to sign him in and out, then he can slip off early to grab those extra few fares on a Friday evening. Our foreman is usually quite lenient and helpful but this bloke tends to over do it with the liberties he takes.
I've managed not to work in the same area as him all week but he has still managed to annoy me.
I'm so glad work is finished now until Monday. We live in hope he has a day or two off sick, it's like having extra holiday whilst being at work. If we have time off the same time as him it is a day wasted.

take a step back, a deep breath slowly and relax.....

(then smack him in the chops)

take a step back, a deep breath slowly and relax.....

(then smack him in the chops)

After him peering over my shoulder and reading the email I was writing, I very nearly did. He just isn't worth losing my job over. Maybe on my last day when I retire. Only another 18 yrs to go.:LOL:

After him peering over my shoulder and reading the email I was writing, I very nearly did. He just isn't worth losing my job over. Maybe on my last day when I retire. Only another 18 yrs to go.:LOL:

If that happens to me, I write something about the person, then "STOP READING OVER MY SHOULDER". Normally puts a stop to it.

You find these types of people in all walks of life, best thing is to just ignore them rather than wasting your energy getting annoyed

You have partially described a colleague of mine. That's quite scarey. A mad one in every office they say.

He did this to me yesterday when I was sending an email, I could see his reflection in the screen. It really p'd me off.

East fix for that, next time you see his reflection while you are typing, pause for effect, then type "hold on, there's some nosy ***** reading over my shoulder, I'll get back to you in a moment".

You find these types of people in all walks of life, best thing is to just ignore them rather than wasting your energy getting annoyed

It's hard to ignore him because it gets to the point where everything he does annoys you. He just has this ability to get under your skin.
Thankfully, yesterday I didn't get to see much of him as I was working in another area, so he got on someone elses nerves instead. He did have one moment though where he butted in on a conversation I was having with another mate, but thankfully that didn't last long as we normally give him short almost rude responses and ignore him.:LOL:

david-brent-dance-bbc-the-office1.png

:D

Well "Devil Spawn" played his usual trick on Friday, turned up late so didn't clock in, then 1/2 an hour before the end of the shift claims he's off to sit in his car. Strange that one of my mates saw him driving off up the road about 5 minutes later.
We had overtime Sunday, "Devil Spawn" put himself down for 5hrs at the expense of someone else being able to do 8hrs. I go to the works gym before work and saw he was parked out in the car park at 05:30, he'd probably been there since 04:30 (after his cabbing) to grab a couple of hours sleep before work at 06:30. 06:30 came and went with no sign of him. At 08:00 my mate went outside to see that he was still parked in the car park. Then someone else phoned him at 08:30 but got no reply.
Anyone else, someone would have been out to wake them up, but we all enjoyed the peace instead.
He was a bit sheepish and quiet today for some reason. :LOL:

We use to have someone like that when I was at school. He would hover around listening into conversations, watching over your shoulder as your on the computer or texting.

I found the best thing to do was make him feel really uncomfortable back by going "Hello Tom, do you like looking over my shoulder? what do you think of my work?" He would normally then say "Dont know" and run off.

James

We had a bloke like that at an office I worked in a few years ago.

The last time he looked over someones shoulder to look at the monitor my
collegue saw his reflection,pushed back hard in his chair (back of chair meets groin area)
& stood up rather sharpish (knocked him backwards) shouting 'tea anyone'.

It never happened again :LOL:

Back