Some People Downtown Dubai

Very crisp images - for me #4 is the weakest - I think #3 the strongest - you could read a lot into that shot and as such I think it has commercial appeal.

Nice set of images Wayne, for me #3 is right on the money.(y)

George.

Last one catches the busyness of the area well. Was there again last week and it's a nice place to visit.
First one needs to be much closer to see what the connection between the guy and the mannequins is. You'll find many street photo "experts" will turn their noses up at mannequin shots as they see them as low hanging fruit.
Comp in two is weird as the Burj pops out of her head and she's facing the other way, unless there's a message I'm missing.?
The silhouette has nice light, but a shift of position may have moved some of the clutter out of the way.

Have you been to the creek and the soukhs? The creek is lovely and a nice chance to get some interesting characters.

Last one catches the busyness of the area well. Was there again last week and it's a nice place to visit.
First one needs to be much closer to see what the connection between the guy and the mannequins is. You'll find many street photo "experts" will turn their noses up at mannequin shots as they see them as low hanging fruit.
Comp in two is weird as the Burj pops out of her head and she's facing the other way, unless there's a message I'm missing.?
The silhouette has nice light, but a shift of position may have moved some of the clutter out of the way.

Have you been to the creek and the soukhs? The creek is lovely and a nice chance to get some interesting characters.

Thanks for taking the time to comment. The first one was me waiting outside Zara for my missus, I just liked the reflection in the floor more than connecting with anything. The second was a girl looking at the Burj, I get what you say but it is so big to get the tower in and anything else is not easy, as it was I'm sat on the floor looking up and i wanted the Burj in the shot. the 3rd was a waitress passing by whilst I was sat having a coffee, just a chance shot.

I've been to the creek and souks before. Might go this week but it's getting warmer and I've got some other things that we need to do. Tks again.

I gave up with getting the Burj in anything as like you said, even pretty much lying down its still hard to get in. Folk really cant appreciate just how huge and incredible a building it is. Beautiful closer up too. Look forward to seeing more of Dubai from your shots if you're there for a while

Back