Some Pics To Introduce Myself

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Some pics, taken with my Nikons. Any thoughts/critique would be most welcome!

Electric-Blue.jpg

WurzburgF05.jpg

Gerbera01.jpg

Lobster-Statue.jpg

I especially like pic 3 and 4. The flower shot works really well with the 3 green stems/grass behind.

The 4th shot is a nice pic and where may I ask was it taken as it seems mighty familiar !!

Shot 4 is familiar to me also.
It is outside the National Aquarium at the Barbican Plymouth.
I have a very similar shot in my collection of slides.

I like shot 1, the lighting really works for me. I think it could have done with a little more DoF though as it looks a bit soft.

Shot 2 is too tight for me and vignetting is visible at the top.

Cheers for the comments, guys!

The guitar is my Strat against a black velvet backdrop and lit from the side by my TV's 'No Signal' screen... It does look a little soft, but on the full size version you get to see the individual string windings and laminated layers of the scratchplate - resizing doesn't really do it too much justice!

Pic 4 is down on Plymouth's Barbican... I love it there - it has to be one of my fave places to be...

As for Pic 2 - I was really p***ed about the vignetting on this one. I had to use the wide angle end of a 28-300 but wanted to use a polariser for a bit of 'sky saturation' as well. I guess that's what you get for pushing low-cost lenses a little :(

great pictures catdaddy, i really like the flower, really nice and stands out. The fish thing is good also, interesting sculpture.

Guitar is cool, like that blue glow, thought it was a blue LED to start with!

Now thats scary that you guys have visited my home town and also that I had trouble recognising something I walk past most days !!!!!

I’ll comment of the guitar shot and the flower if I may, the others here have already had comments that would be echoed by myself and I don’t really want to go over old ground.

The guitar is an inspiration photograph, we see many guitar pictures shot from strange angles, mostly acoustic and occasionally national, the half lit outlines from the lighting used here has created an almost monotone and painted neo image, this really make this photograph jump out from the rest keeping it interesting and original. You say that much more detail is available and can be seen in the full size uncompressed file, I have no reason to doubt you and am sure it would only make this image more stunning. I would hang that on my wall with pride.

The flower shot I would also like to congratulate you on, clean lines, black background so as not to distract, subtle lighting, perfectly exposed with the highlights on the front petals and shot with the correct depth of filed. Most people would have stopped at just the flower but by capturing the three lines of green foliage to add an extra dimension again makes this image stand out from the masses of other flower photographs that can be seen almost daily. Like people photographs, shooting flowers can be difficult, not because they are an unwilling subject but because everyone assumes they can take a good flower picture, unfortunately to do it right requires masses of skill and thought though, most people don’t posses this but here you have proved that you have those qualities.

So here you have two stunning images that I would be very pleased to have captured myself. Well done!!! :)

Steve: Bloody hell, mate - thanks! High praise indeed - especially when your site gallery has images such as the eagle, the windows and the corridor. When I can take pics of that quality, I will be pleased! So thank you! :D

And as for you, Matty - what's this thing you seem to have for blue LEDs? :wink:

Cheers!

Chris

blue green or red leds, all the same to me!!!

Catdaddy said:
Steve: Bloody hell, mate - thanks! High praise indeed - especially when your site gallery has images such as the eagle, the windows and the corridor. When I can take pics of that quality, I will be pleased! So thank you! :D

Cheers!

Chris

Ohh been peeking have you? :wink: Thanks sir but I really must update that site, many of those shots are from quite a while a go and I feel I have progressed somewhat since then. Still a compliment will always be gratefully accepted. :D

Catdaddy said:
Pic 4 is down on Plymouth's Barbican... I love it there - it has to be one of my fave places to be...

Know it well ;)

CRW_0712.jpg

Jase: I thought I recognised your shot! I love the composition you got!

David: Thanks for the compliment!

Catdaddy said:
Jase: I thought I recognised your shot! I love the composition you got!

Was perched on the seawall trying to balance for that shot !!!

Back