Critique Some pictures from Hamburg

Name
Manuel
Edit My Images
Yes
A few weeks ago some friends and I went to Hamburg for a short photo trip. I took mostly pictured urban landscapes and details as well as some street scenes. If you are interested you can see the full set on my Flickr account (album), but I would like to share some of the pictures here to ask for your opinion. Thanks in advice for any comment!

14_hamburg_2016
by madSec, on Flickr

21_hamburg_2016
by madSec, on Flickr

25_hamburg_2016
by madSec, on Flickr

29_hamburg_2016
by madSec, on Flickr

40_hamburg_2016
by madSec, on Flickr

A hustling city, visited a long time ago.
love the shots

I like No40 (y)

And 29 ;)

The third shot has sentimental value to me, reminds me of going ashore in the seventies, getting a water taxi to the city centre, doesn't look that differs in the night time. Nice set of images.

The third shot has sentimental value to me, reminds me of going ashore in the seventies, getting a water taxi to the city centre, doesn't look that differs in the night time. Nice set of images.

Thank you Andrew!
I assume you worked on a ship in the past then?

Lovely set of images, I really like no.21 and the slow exposure tunnel shot looks fantastic in mono. Makes me want to visit Hamburg !

Last edited:
Nice images of a great city. I like Hamburg very much, had an apartment there for six months in 2009.

Makes me want to visit Hamburg !

Wekk that's good :) If you will get the chance you should do it, it's a very nice city in deed!

Nice images of a great city. I like Hamburg very much, had an apartment there for six months in 2009.

The last few years I lived in Berlin and also liked it there, but Hamburg has something special about it, also I just visited a few times. Maybe it's the harbour that gives this special atmosphere...

@Thatchapthere Thanks a lot! I was a bit lucky with no. 29, but I really love that shot too! :)

I wouldn't have expected that many like no. 21, from my point of view it isn't so special. But the tones are really nice, thats true, the Fuji (okay, and the setting sun ;)) did a great job here.

I really like the last one and the way the light curves around the tunnel

40, 29, 25 for me and in that order :) Very nice work. BTW. I prefer 40 for its little colour to the mono tunnel you posted later.

Last edited:
Have your original photos at the top changed too with the crop? I am on a laptop and have to jump from one to the other and I cannot spot the difference. :-(

Photos at top post should have stayed the same. As I said, no. 29 didn't change much, but no. 40 is a much tighter crop now.

Back